PS5

Chris_B_SWFC

Just had a text from my mate saying if you see any ps5 stock let me know 😂 oh aye, I'll just text you and hope you get one within the 14 seconds you have available. 

Is he best off just keeping an eye on stock updaters? Looked at that live YouTube link from earlier in the thread but doesn't seem to be working. All tips greatly appreciated. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, whatevertrevor said:

@Skyline Thanks mate, just googled and looks/sounds great. 

@thesexynortherner Sounds good. I didn't really think of the online aspect as pretty sure there wasn't anything online on the last GTA I would have played. What's it like online? What do you do?

GTA online is amazing. You basically have a character who is a criminal. It's huge. You can have a biker gang which means you can run methlab, cocaine, weed, counterfeit cash and document forgery businesses. These earn money passively and you sell stuff every few hours. 

You can be the ceo of an organisation that steals cars to sell, steals goods to sell and does heists. Its all based on crime and the proceeds. 

There are new heists just released that give huge payouts, millions for a few hours work at most. The economy of the game is a bit skewed, some cars cost 4 million or so. When I first started playing it if I earned 150k in a decent session I was happy. Now you can do that with one mission. You have to invest in the businesses first though, which costs many millions. 

There's loads of guides online that will help you. Basically it's great fun. 

The single player is well worth it as well, really funny and involving story with some amazing set pieces and side quests. It really is one of the best games ever made. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Just had a text from my mate saying if you see any ps5 stock let me know 😂 oh aye, I'll just text you and hope you get one within the 14 seconds you have available. 

Is he best off just keeping an eye on stock updaters? Looked at that live YouTube link from earlier in the thread but doesn't seem to be working. All tips greatly appreciated. 

These guys are the best. If he follows and turns on push notifications he'll get a pop up when they drop. This is how I got mine. Also these guys almost always know in advance who is dropping and roughly when. So on Tuesday I already knew GAME would release stock sometime in the morning, so I had the tab up ready etc.

The also have a discord room he can join that can help you get the jump. 

https://twitter.com/PS5StockAlertUK

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, whatevertrevor said:

These guys are the best. If he follows and turns on push notifications he'll get a pop up when they drop. This is how I got mine. Also these guys almost always know in advance who is dropping and roughly when. So on Tuesday I already knew GAME would release stock sometime in the morning, so I had the tab up ready etc.

The also have a discord room he can join that can help you get the jump. 

https://twitter.com/PS5StockAlertUK

Cheers. I've passed on the link. 

• Like 1

@whatevertrevorI'll find some youtube videos (that work this time haha) for you and post them in the next few days. Just to add as well some races are mental with the design etc. Me and my group have been playing it on and off since 2013 and have had a blast. I haven't played it in a few years though. Just think of all the things you can do in GTA and add other things, people/friends and times it by 100 haha. My best memory is around when heists were added around 2015 I think and the 4 of us were finishing the final one together, but we kept on dying and wanted to finish it. We eventually did it around 3 in the morning haha, we also made our characters just wear pants for it haha.   

• Like 1

"The trouble with "lessons from history" is that we usually read them best after falling flat on our chins."   

"Girls are simply wonderful. Just to stand on a corner and watch them go past is delightful. They don't walk. At least not what we do when we walk. I don't know how to describe it, but it's much more complex and utterly delightful. They don't move just their feet; everything moves and in different directions . . . and all of it graceful."  Starship Troopers, Amen!        

@whatevertrevor 

Kinda like a review and shows you/talks about the things you can do etc. The person doing the video doesn't play it much and he started a new character for it too:  

Kinda the same, but not taking it as serious haha. You'll understand if you watch it:

Just a video showing things and how things have changed:

• Thanks 1

"The trouble with "lessons from history" is that we usually read them best after falling flat on our chins."   

"Girls are simply wonderful. Just to stand on a corner and watch them go past is delightful. They don't walk. At least not what we do when we walk. I don't know how to describe it, but it's much more complex and utterly delightful. They don't move just their feet; everything moves and in different directions . . . and all of it graceful."  Starship Troopers, Amen!        

The Bots thing is massively overblown. Not many are being grabbed by Bots now. Almost everyone I know who has been trying for them have got them in the last couple of drops.

The demand is real though — so many people sat waiting for the drops so they are just getting snapped up straight away.

They won't be readily available for months. It isn't just a Covid issue (although that has exacerbated things), there is a worldwide shortage of some of the components which is affecting many modern electrical items.

As a tip: if you get a stock alert and they are gone when you get to the page STAY ON THE PAGE AND KEEP REFRESHING. Most online retailers have a certain period in which someone must checkout before the stock is released back on sale. For some it is 10 minutes, for others it is 30 minutes (it might vary between that). If someone cancels their order from the checkout, or the time limit expires the stock will appear back on the site... you'll need to be quick to grab it, but I've known a few people get them this way.

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Wath-owl said:

Man, this game just looks fantastic! Absolutely gorgeous! 

I was hoping it would be out in March, so a bit disappointed it’s now August. 100% day one purchase for me though. 

Yeah looks like a Pixar movie, really excited for it. There was a rumour it was to be the March PS Plus game but there was no chance in reality. 

Looks like there might be some Pikmin style elements to this too, with the little creature dudes following her about. 

4 hours ago, Wath-owl said:

Man, this game just looks fantastic! Absolutely gorgeous! 

I was hoping it would be out in March, so a bit disappointed it’s now August. 100% day one purchase for me though. 

Yeah I remember it from the PS5 reveal and it caught my attention, I'll probably pick it up on sale if I get it though.

Also does anyone think we will get any console bundles this year?

1 hour ago, Incognito Owl said:

Yeah I remember it from the PS5 reveal and it caught my attention, I'll probably pick it up on sale if I get it though.

It's up for pre-order for £32.99, which I think is an excellent price point to be fair for how it looks.

Presumably it will be an 8-10 hour game at most for that price, but that's not a bad thing in my opinion.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Wath-owl said:

It's up for pre-order for £32.99, which I think is an excellent price point to be fair for how it looks.

Presumably it will be an 8-10 hour game at most for that price, but that's not a bad thing in my opinion.

Thanks I was wondering if it would be cheaper and I agree, but I wouldn't be getting it straight away anyway so will probably pick it up when it's around 15-10.

On 27/02/2021 at 18:36, Wath-owl said:

I like shorter games in between the longer open world games I play. This one game I've been really excited about and gutted its been pushed back but as long as its polished and doesn't have any issues then I'll be happy. 

• Thanks 1