PS5

Chris_B_SWFC

On 10/02/2021 at 09:55, Incognito Owl said:

Yeah I'm going with the standard too. I agree, I only buy digital if it's way cheaper than the the physical copy or maybe I will if it's a online only game or when I was gamesharing (even more better now with 70 Pound games haha.) I just love physical copies haha, with the box/disc art and the old booklets that you use to get haha (only the TW3 and CP77 still do this and R* and some others with maps. I remember when I got TW3 standard day one edition and just the Thank You message by it's self was great, let a lone all the other stuff you got.) Also remember coming home with new games reading the booklets haha. I think physical has more positives, especially with you owning it and with trading/the price etc. The PS Plus Collection thing on PS5 is really good though. If the games stay the same I will be definitely downloading Bloodborne, Days Gone, Detroit, GoW, R&C, TLoU Remastered, Until Dawn, Batman, Bf1, BO3 Zombie Chronicles Edition, Crash Bandicoot, MKX, Persona 5 and RE7. Some I've played, most I haven't and would have bought anyway. Bloodborne, R&C and MKX are the kinda games I would like, but probably wouldn't go out of my way to buy them. So that's good and I could buy the Demon Souls remake, the new R&C and MK11 if I like them. Collection is kinda like Xbox Ultimate where you get Gold/online play, Game Pass and EA Play. 

Yeah I've heard about Astro's Playroom, definitely going to play that first. I remember reading that in the new R&C you've got a double barreled shotgun type weapon where when you squeeze the trigger you fire one barrel, then you feel the resistance half way down and if you continue it fires the other, which I think is ace haha. GT7 looks great too, didn't get the previous one kinda because it was mainly online. 

I use headsets and I'm currently looking at the Sony PS5 one, anyone reading got them?

Also going back to our previous conversations on TVs etc. If I'm on a budget I'm going with a monitor instead, found this: https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9443022 Samsung UR55 28 Inch 4K 60Hz Gaming Monitor for 299.99, it came out last year and has got HDR10+ and 4 ms response time. Not future proof with 2.1 HDMI, VRR, 120fps and ALLM though, but those cost way extra haha.              

The sony headsets are meant to be decent but not the best. Depends how much you're willing to part with. The best ones are the arctis 7p's (I think thats what they are called). They were sold out for ages. I'm gonna plonk for them but saving a little more money first as they are pretty pricey. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Django said:

Anyone else having trouble installing games on PS5? Tried to install Red dead 2 a few times now but it just won’t have it 

Not had any issues with any of my PS4 disc games. Might be worth checking on reddit, usually good for problem solving on their. If your familiar with reddit stick a post on the Red Dead sub and I'm sure someone will be able to offer advice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Night King said:

Played about 5 hours or so of Valhalla. Incredible so far, loving the story, the vast open world and the scenery is spectacular. Reminds me a little bit of Red Dead 2 but the pacing Is miles better on Valhalla. 

Does it feel next gen? Loads of the titles I’ve seen so far look pretty much the same as the PS4 versions but with better frame rate 

4 minutes ago, Django said:

Does it feel next gen? Loads of the titles I’ve seen so far look pretty much the same as the PS4 versions but with better frame rate 

I think so yeah. It looks amazing. I’m probably not the best judge tbh, not had a console other then a switch for about 2 or 3 years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m reading lots about how “scalpers” are using bots to buy up stock as soon as it it’s the websites and then selling at inflated prices on eBay etc. Then the subsequent discussion about how to stop them, surely if everyone just refuses to pay over the odds for them then they don’t have a incentive to do it. 

• Like 1

Why don’t they simply put it behind one of those CAPTCHA things at checkout, where you have to pick all the squares with a traffic light or motorbike etc? 

Isn’t the whole point of them to stop this sort of thing? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Wath-owl said:

Why don’t they simply put it behind one of those CAPTCHA things at checkout, where you have to pick all the squares with a traffic light or motorbike etc? 

Isn’t the whole point of them to stop this sort of thing? 

I said a similar thing to a bloke at work the other week, he told me there are services online where people solve them for a tiny fee. 

Someone literally sits at a computer solving those things for hours for like 2p each. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Django said:

It is a pretty good looking game yes, but the graphical glitches range from slightly odd to downright hilarious. At one point I had a tiny rowing boat fly into the sky at about 300mph. 

Overall just couldn’t get into this game. I thought the combat was truly awful. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, mozzy85 said:

The sony headsets are meant to be decent but not the best. Depends how much you're willing to part with. The best ones are the arctis 7p's (I think thats what they are called). They were sold out for ages. I'm gonna plonk for them but saving a little more money first as they are pretty pricey. 

I've always had Turtle Beach one's, thinking about the Sony one's or others with the 3D audio on PS5. Just had a look at those one's you mentioned and it's called SteelSeries Arctis 7P for PS5/4, PC and Switch at 159.99, 70 Pound more than the Sony one's. I'll keep them saved for now, thanks. 

• Like 1

"The trouble with "lessons from history" is that we usually read them best after falling flat on our chins."   

"Girls are simply wonderful. Just to stand on a corner and watch them go past is delightful. They don't walk. At least not what we do when we walk. I don't know how to describe it, but it's much more complex and utterly delightful. They don't move just their feet; everything moves and in different directions . . . and all of it graceful."  Starship Troopers, Amen!        

On 14/02/2021 at 22:58, @owlstalk said:

Wish they could - I check stock of the new console me every hour 🤣🤣

You need a live stream mate to have much chance.

Use this one. They seem to be the best and fastest. Its how my friends got one. I've only just started for myself though.

Just leave it running and it will sound an alarm when stock drops. There should be drops this week. Probably today at Argos too. 

11 minutes ago, Django said:

Very sold out in 19 seconds today 

Yeah and even within that 19 seconds it was pot luck. I managed to get it into my basket, clicked 'pay' and it disappeared. 

A lot of people were on it within seconds and didn't even get a chance to to add to basket. 

Edited by whatevertrevor
  • Haha 1

Heard Argos dropped some at 3am 🤦🏻‍♂️

It's stupid, I was thinking you should be able to put your name on a list and deposit, next stock goes to those next on list.

But then thinking about it properly, how do you stop scalpers using different names, payment cards etc. Even if you need to send ID proof they can get family to send their ID etc et

Madness! I was tempted to sell mine for the £800+ on release day, thinking I'll just wait until Jan when they're readily available... Glad I didn't.