On 10/11/2020 at 18:53, DeeJayOne said:

Nice! I regret not getting the mats. Was tempted with the figurines too.

Seeing the appreciation on them makes me more gutted!

Got Tapeworm coming soon too, with the exclusive Four Souls cards. 🙂

I really wanted the figurines. He did a couple more sets after too, I’d have loved to get them all. But the first set was all gone by the time I saw it on the Kickstarter. They’d have looked great next to my Night in the Woods and Undertale sets. 

Fair play to the bloke though, he promised they’d be rare collectors items and he’s kept to his word and not had any more produced to sell on the likes of Fangamer. I’m sure he could make a lot more cash there if he wanted to. 

Didn’t go in for Tapeworm, you’ll have to let me know how it is. 

Can’t wait for the next Isaac expansion! Apparently it’s basically what should have been the sequel, it’s that big. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

Back on PS5, my copies of Assassins Creed Valhalla and Spider-Man Miles Morales will be delivered tomorrow from Amazon. 

At least I can look at the boxes for a week before playing them. 

lol 

My controller and planet coaster is on its way so I can look at the box while holding the controller

• Haha 1

YAY! I finally get to sit and stare at a Spider-Man: Miles Morales box for a week....

10 hours ago, darklord said:

Is it wrong I told my daughter this was the entire ps5 and to turn it on she just had to talk into it? IMG_20201112_204108_422.thumb.jpg.6ff541593b67cd1037add4d3b33502ce.jpg

Can't believe you've felt the need to ask. Of course it's not wrong, that's some top level dadding right there. 

My kids are both too old to fall for that stuff now, you won't believe how much I miss those days. 

11 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Can't believe you've felt the need to ask. Of course it's not wrong, that's some top level dadding right there. 

My kids are both too old to fall for that stuff now, you won't believe how much I miss those days. 

She's 12 lol

The remote play looks really good. I used to have a Sony phone and could remote play the PS4 on it but didn't work brilliant due to the small screen size but the ability to play on pc is great. 

Even better being able to play ps5 games on the PS4. My ps4 is moving onto the landing TV set up with the PS5 on the front room (with my 65" TV of course) but if the kids are hogging that TV I can play the PS5 upstairs still. 

Winner winner chicken dinner

14 hours ago, darklord said:

She's 12 lol

She's hitting the age where you've got to be creative with your windups now. My youngest is 14 and it's difficult to get him. However, the following story shows its possible. Settle down and enjoy. 

It was a few months ago now, he was 13 at the time. Just starting to get a bit cocky with his comments etc having had a year or so at secondary, nothing bad but obviously getting ruder jokes and saying things that were getting more towards adult humour. We were at the table eating, always a time for a joke or 2 in our house. Someone says something about it being hard and he chimes in with 'that's what she said'. I immediately shut him down, total dead pan flip. I tell em that no, that's not acceptable, he's only 13 and I'm not having that. Eventually we move on. 

A few weeks later, someone else says it. Again, I say we don't say that, he's only 13 and it's not suitable. This happens a few times over the months that follow. Always the same comment from me and always a change of subject. 

So we're sat watching TV, all happy and together. Some comment is made that's ripe for a 'that's what she said.' I drop it. Instantly he turns and says "Dad, don't , I'm only 13." 

"That's what she said" says I. 

Silence for 2 seconds before he erupts. He's on the floor laughing at what I'd done. The Mrs and daughter took a bit longer to get it but by that time me and him were gone. I was dancing round celebrating, he was in awe. He couldn't belive I'd set it up over months and months, it was started well before lockdown and the denouement was pretty recent. I was so proud. He was so proud he was straight onto his mates telling em about it. 

Sometimes it's great being a parent. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
7 minutes ago, JoshTheOwl said:

Has anyone else ordered through Currys? Ive paid, but order status is still down as 'order received'. Is that the same for anyone else? all i want to see is its been dispatched or when it is likely to be!

Ordered with Currys for series X, didn't update til day before, got it 9am on release day, rest easy bro 

• Like 1

Just measured where my ps5 should sit. PS5 say horizontal is 15.4" gap is 15.75". So fits but concerned might restrict airflow. Bigger gap over the top though. 

Otherwise it will have to sit in an overly prominent place (in the wife's eyes anyway) 

I’ve bought Miles Morales, but I feel like I need a second game. 

What’s everyone going for? Fancied Demon Souls but I’m put off by the difficulty (I binned Sekiro pretty quickly in frustration).

The godfall reviews look pretty mediocre too.