Moses Odubajo in showdown meeting with Monk

On 30/05/2020 at 10:13, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Who are all the players that he fell out with at previous clubs ? 

Plenty at Middlesbrough and he clearly fell out with staff and club personnel at Leeds and Birmingham.  

1 hour ago, davetherivelinowl said:

Sure, some full backs are better going forward. Alexander-Arnold is a classic example.

But my problem with Odubajo is that he's never looked any good going forward either. I don't remember a single run or cross that made me think he might be what we need. Imagine playing him as a left-midfielder. Imagine relying on him to provide the service to the strikers. No thanks.

But in a bargain-basement world he might be the sort of quality we'll have to get used to.

He was the sort of quality that made him a regular in the Hull side that got promoted at our expense and is still young enough to come good with us. The manager that got Hull promoted thought he would be a useful asset to us, the manager we currently have doesn't seem to be getting the best out of anyone other than Fletcher. 

On 30/05/2020 at 13:03, torryowl said:

because he leaves players that he doesnt want out the squad why does it follow that he's fallen out with them .....I've not seen or heard anything from anyone that's there been a clash .

It seems they had a discussion and Monk told him he was free to go out on loan in January, great man management for a new signing, especially considering all the defensive options we don't have, particularly at full-back.

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

It seems they had a discussion and Monk told him he was free to go out on loan in January, great man management for a new signing, especially considering all the defensive options we don't have, particularly at full-back.

perhaps if he could have got him  out he could have got someone else in …...he didn't sign him so its understandable if he doesn't want him.,any manager as to do what he thinks is best for the club not whats best for the player  but even so it doesn't follow that because he told him he can leave that they have fallen out . 

Looked a proper player when he was at Hull. 

Perhaps the injuries have take their toll? 

Has to be said, he has been a bit of a car crash. 

Going to PNE (away) and seeing him give away two stonewall penalties. 

Deary me. 

12 minutes ago, torryowl said:

perhaps if he could have got him  out he could have got someone else in …...he didn't sign him so its understandable if he doesn't want him.,any manager as to do what he thinks is best for the club not whats best for the player  but even so it doesn't follow that because he told him he can leave that they have fallen out . 

Judging by the players he did manage to get in during January, I wouldn't have been holding out any hope on that. At least we have defended well without him in the side in 2020 though eh, among the worst records for goals conceded in the entire football league this year. 

8 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Looked a proper player when he was at Hull. 

Perhaps the injuries have take their toll? 

Has to be said, he has been a bit of a car crash. 

Going to PNE (away) and seeing him give away two stonewall penalties. 

Deary me. 

Shocking performance, no arguments. At least he has held his hands up and is working hard to improve. Seemingly every other match this year we have conceded 3 or 5 with every one of our defenders at fault for plenty of goals. Deary me.

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Judging by the players he did manage to get in during January, I wouldn't have been holding out any hope on that. At least we have defended well without him in the side in 2020 though eh, among the worst records for goals conceded in the entire football league this year. 

look i'm not getting into a debate whether any player is good or bad as that's down to opinions  i'm debating that because a player isn't in the squad that it doesnt follow  the manager as had a bust up with them .

3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

look i'm not getting into a debate whether any player is good or bad as that's down to opinions  i'm debating that because a player isn't in the squad that it doesnt follow  the manager as had a bust up with them .

Fair point but Monk does have a history of falling out with people in a fairly short space of time at his previous clubs that have led to his demise and for some reason a squad that he was initially able to get to be effective early on has stopped performing to any sort of level under his management. 

From the article, when Odubajo went to have a discussion with the manager I don't think he was expecting to be told he was free to leave, just seems a bit abrupt. 

Re. Monk falling out with players.

I can remember a few months back a Brum fan on here listing 2 or 3 senior players there that he’d supposedly fallen out with. As I pointed out at the time Clotet hadn’t rushed them back into his team this season, and since then I noticed last week that they’ve all been released by Brum.

Just goes to show that because a manager is the first one to drop a player doesn’t mean it’s happened because they’ve had a falling out. I like Odubajo, but considering his form since Monk came in it’s hard to see why he’d have been in a rush to keep him if someone had come knocking in Jan. 

48 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Shocking performance, no arguments. At least he has held his hands up and is working hard to improve. Seemingly every other match this year we have conceded 3 or 5 with every one of our defenders at fault for plenty of goals. Deary me.

No disagreements there. 

The most consistent defender has probably been Fox? I can't recall him making too many mistakes. 

Every one else has had a complete mare at some point or another. 

13 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He was the sort of quality that made him a regular in the Hull side that got promoted at our expense and is still young enough to come good with us. The manager that got Hull promoted thought he would be a useful asset to us, the manager we currently have doesn't seem to be getting the best out of anyone other than Fletcher. 

Brentford fans seemed disappointed that he left.

8 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Brentford fans seemed disappointed that he left.

Though he had been playing in midfield for them Surprised we haven’t used him there, considering our lack of bodies in that department

Edited by gurujuan