Moses Odubajo in showdown meeting with Monk

Moses Odubajo Sheffield Wednesday.jpg

I called the gaffer and asked for a meeting,” Odubajo said, speaking exclusively to The Star.

Things were said back and forth and in a nutshell, he told me he wouldn’t stand in my way if I wanted to leave the club on loan.

Full article on the Star website here 👉 
https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/moses-odubajo-opens-garry-monk-meeting-almost-saw-him-leave-sheffield-wednesday-2868090

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, alanharper said:

The Star - bringing you January's news, today 

The article states how the right-back 'fell out of favour with Monk at the expense of a resurgent Morgan Fox'. Then states he was omitted from the FA Cup tie at Brighton as Urghoghide was preferred at right-back.

How many games has Fox played at right-back?  

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The article states how the right-back 'fell out of favour with Monk at the expense of a resurgent Morgan Fox'. Then states he was omitted from the FA Cup tie at Brighton as Urghoghide was preferred at right-back.

How many games has Fox played at right-back?  

Moses can play left back

With Palmer right Monk preferred Fox at left instead of Moses

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldishowl said:

Moses can play left back

With Palmer right Monk preferred Fox at left instead of Moses

Moses is a right sided player, right-back, wing-back or even right midfield.  Monk may have tried him at left-back once or twice but the reason he lost is place in the side is down to who Monk preferred at right-back not the fact Fox was picked ahead of him at left-back as a natural left-footer. 

The fact Monk has chosen to play Moses at left-back at any time is another one of his strange decisions given that Palmer's best form over the best 18 months was when he had a sustained run at LB. 

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Would have no problem at all if he left. Looks a calamity in most games he has played. 

He has been at fault directly in a few games but yet in 17 games he has played we have a far better record than in games he hasn't played and we haven't conceded more than 2 with him in the side.

He has had injuries that have affected his career but has proved he has ability at this level with Hull and Brentford and has acknowledged he needs to improve and is working hard to do so - I doubt some others in our team would be so honest about their own contributions. 

21 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He has been at fault directly in a few games but yet in 17 games he has played we have a far better record than in games he hasn't played and we haven't conceded more than 2 with him in the side.

He has had injuries that have affected his career but has proved he has ability at this level with Hull and Brentford and has acknowledged he needs to improve and is working hard to do so - I doubt some others in our team would be so honest about their own contributions. 

that Preston performance was a different level of awful from him. So so bad. Fair play for him being honest though, would love him to be the player he once was but have seen very little of that in a Wednesday shirt. 

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

I’d rather Monk left tbh. There’s definitely a decent player there. Something doesn’t add up when it comes to Monk’s man-management “skills”... No one can fall out with so many others and not be the problem. Not just here, but at previous clubs too.

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Would have no problem at all if he left. Looks a calamity in most games he has played. 

Think that's a bit harsh.... Very rarely does it look as though he'll concede more than 2 penalties a game. 

• Haha 1

In a 442 you need your rb to be able to defend first and foremost. Like Hunt before him, Odubajo was known more for getting forward. He looks shackled going forward with a winger in front and then a bit exposed as a traditional right back. 

As I have said before, it is remarkable that a free transfer from Brentford who has suffered from significant injuries in his career isn’t the new Cafu.

it is almost like there is a correlation between players who are very cheap and the likely quality of that player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

As I have said before, it is remarkable that a free transfer from Brentford who has suffered from significant injuries in his career isn’t the new Cafu.

it is almost like there is a correlation between players who are very cheap and the likely quality of that player.

Doesn't always work like that does it. What are your thoughts on Iorfa, lets say in comparison with........Van Aken? lol

told he can leave for free if he can find himself another club and he's still here and probably will be in a years time …..who can blame him when he'll never get a contract as good as this again . …..westwood , hutch , Rhodes, winnall,jones ,boyd , Wallace ,  loovens, pudil, hooper, lee, abdi, matias   etc etc etc ….sign for sheff wed sit out your contract and have a nice life . .

• Like 2

I can see the conversation now:

MO - You're not good enough

GM - No, your not good enough

MO - Excuse me, its you that's not good enough

GM - Hang on a minute son, its you thats not good enough

Etc, etc, etc.

• Haha 1

Guest LondonOwl313
5 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It’s almost like having all of your players available for selection and not telling 5 of them mid season they aren’t in your plans makes a difference to results. Who’d have thought