Remaining fixtures

8 hours ago, Plonk said:

Can I just ask what has happened since the Brentford drubbing, that people think will mean we restart as a team capable of winning.

9 weeks of reflection. Watching the game back to see where we went wrong. 

The lay off can only be a good thing for us.

Edited by pazowl55

13 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

If we get charged we will be lucky to only get 9 points imo. They will really want to make an example of us. I take it you think we won’t get charged because the charges against the 3 individuals where dropped?

Weve been charged. I dont think we will get found guilty of the charge by the independent commission because:

1. The evidence looks to be in our favour at least in terms of the burden of proof.

2. The track record of our QC 

3. The fact that EFL simply appear to be continuing with this because they will be sued by other EFL teams if they dont prosecute to follow their own process.

4. The charges against the individuals were stupid and probably shows the level of competence of the EFL. 

We could of course still lose but that wouldn't be the smart bet at this stage imo.

In terms of points deductions the most we would be likely to get is 9. There are no aggravating circumstances now the individual charges are dropped. There is a high likelihood that it will be less and also as we have no previous, some may be suspended. I would bet on 6 with 3 suspended.

So that's why I think like I do. Might well be wrong but I'd like to see the reasoning behind the other point of view that its definitely going to happen and its 9 or more.

Not betting against a relegation battle whatever happens though!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Nero said:

Weve been charged. I dont think we will get found guilty of the charge by the independent commission because:

1. The evidence looks to be in our favour at least in terms of the burden of proof.

2. The track record of our QC 

3. The fact that EFL simply appear to be continuing with this because they will be sued by other EFL teams if they dont prosecute to follow their own process.

4. The charges against the individuals were stupid and probably shows the level of competence of the EFL. 

We could of course still lose but that wouldn't be the smart bet at this stage imo.

In terms of points deductions the most we would be likely to get is 9. There are no aggravating circumstances now the individual charges are dropped. There is a high likelihood that it will be less and also as we have no previous, some may be suspended. I would bet on 6 with 3 suspended.

So that's why I think like I do. Might well be wrong but I'd like to see the reasoning behind the other point of view that its definitely going to happen and its 9 or more.

Not betting against a relegation battle whatever happens though!

I guess the reason I fear it could be more is because Birmingham got 9 points for their FFP situation. You would think selling the ground at possibly an over inflated price and putting it in the wrong years accounts to help us with FFP would be seen as worse than what Birmingham did. Who knows though with the EFL do agree with a lot of what you said above especially the track record of our QC, he sounds like one of the best at what he does. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

As the season would have finished last Monday I think we have an argument to say that any punishment would be for next season not this.

unless we get a punishment this season that wont relegate us, perhaps there could be an agreement that we accept a punishment this season that wont relegate us

18 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Looks alright doesn’t it, hopefully whatever went on between Christmas and March has been resolved and Monk can organise and inspire the team in empty stadiums to perform to their best levels. Not holding my breath mind 

Yep I see the examiner feel it should be a similar line up too. Cue Nuhiu and Pelupessy making the startling line up in the first game back 😆

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/fernando-forestieri-sheffield-wednesday-team-18333173.amp

• Like 1

On 30/05/2020 at 13:11, Owls-Fan said:

Yep I see the examiner feel it should be a similar line up too. Cue Nuhiu and Pelupessy making the startling line up in the first game back 😆

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/fernando-forestieri-sheffield-wednesday-team-18333173.amp

Yes it would be “startling” if those two get in the first team! Hoping you and the examiner are right tho with the 442 and the line up. 

Being pessimistic if we carry on in the same form as when we left off, I can't see us winning a home game, maybe a couple of draws 

Home:

Nottm. F

West Brom

Preston

Huddersfield T

Middlesbrough

Same away, it looks bad.

Away:

Bristol City

Swansea C.

QPR

Fulham

It's frightening that going from looking at  a possible automatic promotionspot when 3rd at the start of Boxing Day, in the space of 10 weeks to  now worrying about possible relegation.

Edited by Tommy Crawshaw