Remaining fixtures

1 hour ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Totally expecting Leeds to blow it and an unlikely team to emerge from the pack with regards to the play-offs, maybe Blackburn or QPR? Either way I don’t expect things to continue along the lines that they were?

Leeds have typically collapsed due to the high intensity they play at and end of season burn out.

Unfortunately I think the enforced break will have played in to their hands will come back fresh and go up. 

Be more than happy to have this thrown back at me if they do collapse though.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, andytrig said:

Leeds have typically collapsed due to the high intensity they play at and end of season burn out.

Unfortunately I think the enforced break will have played in to their hands will come back fresh and go up. 

Be more than happy to have this thrown back at me if they do collapse though.

Unfortunately I think you are right... unless they struggle to get back to match sharpness on return

Guest LittleG

Bit of a glass half full guy so I just cannot see us coming back with any marked improvement. Hope I'm wrong but don't trust the players and management to get things right on the pitch. Will be touch and go.

Guest LittleG
2 minutes ago, LittleG said:

Bit of a glass half full guy so I just cannot see us coming back with any marked improvement. Hope I'm wrong but don't trust the players and management to get things right on the pitch. Will be touch and 

Edited by LittleG

Personally I hope Monk has already decided what players need to go and he doesn’t change his mind and decide to keep quite a few of them. Over their contracts they have been nowhere near good enough, what happens in the remaining months should not change that fact. Keep Fletcher and the 3 young lads, kick the rest out of the door ASAP. 

3 hours ago, andytrig said:

I reckon deductions will impact as below.

0-9 Should stay up

10-12 Touch and go

13+ Relegated

I wish I shared your optimism.

Here’s  how I call it

0-5 should stay up

6-9 touch and go, squeaky bum time

10 and over -“ we’re doomed, aye, doomed, d’ya hear”

3 hours ago, LittleG said:

Bit of a glass half full guy so I just cannot see us coming back with any marked improvement. Hope I'm wrong but don't trust the players and management to get things right on the pitch. Will be touch and go.

You sound more like a glass half empty guy..

• Haha 2

Guest LittleG
2 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

You sound more like a glass half empty guy..

That's what I meant to put.

5 hours ago, room0035 said:

It will be interesting to see if they have managed to get Wickham fit, he looked very unfit for us, but the last 3 months might have given him the chance to get at least fit if not match fit and could be very useful with Fletcher if we go the 4-4-2 route in remaining games. Personally I think Fessi will end up playing up front if both Harris and Reach are fit instead of out on the left. 

Our big area of concern is defense we were leaking goals, Dawson form was shot and personal after the Man City game Wildsmith should have been given a chance, Westwood would be the preferred option but Monk seems to have an issue with him and the other 4 not allowed to play players. 

With  the case dragging on with the EFL we need to get ourselves about 15 points clear of the bottom 3, as I think if it is 9 or less we could be in serious problems.

With everyone fit we have some decent options, as you say a fit and confident Wickham could be a huge impact.  
We could go with something like this, though Forestieri & Harris might push for starting places. 

Fletcher   Wickham 
Reach  Bannan  Luongo  Murphy  

Fox      Borner    Iorfa      Palmer

Dawson 

Edited by Owls-Fan
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Suspending play could prove a blessing for Wednesday. We were dropping like a stone. Form could turn on its head for a few clubs. We have an opportunity to bring Reach & Luongo back with some conditioning. Have time to bed Wickham & Windass in as well. Let's see what effect that has. 

This.

After more than 8 weeks break it will be like a new season, players will be rusty and form has yet to be gained.

Hope we can benefit from this.

5 hours ago, onslow said:

Sorry, couldn’t help it, had to put that list in order

2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th, 11th, 13th, 18th, 19th

Hmmmm....run the table time ??!

No problem sets us lovely for a tilt at the play offs.

On our way on our way. 

Edited by sage owl
Spelling

Guest struckanerve
5 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Totally expecting Leeds to blow it and an unlikely team to emerge from the pack with regards to the play-offs, maybe Blackburn or QPR? Either way I don’t expect things to continue along the lines that they were?

The lack of expectation/pressure from big crowds at home may work in their favour.

26 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

With everyone fit we have some decent options, as you say a fit and confident Wickham could be a huge impact.  
We could go with something like this, though Forestieri & Harris might push for starting places. 

Fletcher   Wickham 
Reach  Bannan  Luongo  Murphy  

Fox      Borner    Iorfa      Palmer

Dawson 

Looks alright doesn’t it, hopefully whatever went on between Christmas and March has been resolved and Monk can organise and inspire the team in empty stadiums to perform to their best levels. Not holding my breath mind 

• Like 1