Remaining fixtures

Large.jpg

Our remaining fixtures are against ... 5th, 7th, 2nd, 11th, 6th, 13th, 18th, 3rd, 19th. 

It's safe to say if we do get a points deduction before end of the season we are absolutely stuffed. Time to see how much these players want it, no wins in that first 5 games could be bad enough alone if that negativity moves to the final 4 fixtures

Guest wilyfox

Suspending play could prove a blessing for Wednesday. We were dropping like a stone. Form could turn on its head for a few clubs. We have an opportunity to bring Reach & Luongo back with some conditioning. Have time to bed Wickham & Windass in as well. Let's see what effect that has. 

i think form may turn on it's head when matches return as the layoff may have come at the worng time for the teams playing well.

There is always one team which has an almost miraculous start to a season, and others which just can't get going...maybe we can re-adjust and let this be a new start.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, S26 Owl said:

Our remaining fixtures are against ... 5th, 7th, 2nd, 11th, 6th, 13th, 18th, 3rd, 19th. 

It's safe to say if we do get a points deduction before end of the season we are absolutely stuffed. Time to see how much these players want it, no wins in that first 5 games could be bad enough alone if that negativity moves to the final 4 fixtures

Would surely be the most bizarre way any club has got relegated.

In front of an empty stadium in the middle of July after a points deduction added weeks after the season should have ended.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Lombado said:

i think form may turn on it's head when matches return as the layoff may have come at the worng time for the teams playing well.

There is always one team which has an almost miraculous start to a season, and others which just can't get going...maybe we can re-adjust and let this be a new start.

Totally expecting Leeds to blow it and an unlikely team to emerge from the pack with regards to the play-offs, maybe Blackburn or QPR? Either way I don’t expect things to continue along the lines that they were?

It will be interesting to see if they have managed to get Wickham fit, he looked very unfit for us, but the last 3 months might have given him the chance to get at least fit if not match fit and could be very useful with Fletcher if we go the 4-4-2 route in remaining games. Personally I think Fessi will end up playing up front if both Harris and Reach are fit instead of out on the left. 

Our big area of concern is defense we were leaking goals, Dawson form was shot and personal after the Man City game Wildsmith should have been given a chance, Westwood would be the preferred option but Monk seems to have an issue with him and the other 4 not allowed to play players. 

With  the case dragging on with the EFL we need to get ourselves about 15 points clear of the bottom 3, as I think if it is 9 or less we could be in serious problems.

31 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

We are getting players back which have been out a while and they will help turn the tide. New start for all, some will have a lot to prove .

Other clubs might not fancy playing, others have players with the virus.

Expecting Forestieri to finish with a flourish.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Suspending play could prove a blessing for Wednesday. We were dropping like a stone. Form could turn on its head for a few clubs. We have an opportunity to bring Reach & Luongo back with some conditioning. Have time to bed Wickham & Windass in as well. Let's see what effect that has. 

Both Windass and Wickam had 2 months to bed in. 

It's all down to attitude innit? If your contracts up, can you be arsed or do you need to perform to get a new club. Are you already used to wearing the flip-flops, or are you prepared to put a shift in.

Some players might play better without fans on their backs. 

A totally unique situation.

Gonna be interesting to see who performs.

Would love it if Leeds manage to fk up in such a short period though.

WTF:

1 hour ago, S26 Owl said:

Sorry, couldn’t help it, had to put that list in order

2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th, 11th, 13th, 18th, 19th

Hmmmm....run the table time ??!

Guest wilyfox
22 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Both Windass and Wickam had 2 months to bed in. 

Less than 6 weeks.

Guest Mcguigan
1 hour ago, room0035 said:

It will be interesting to see if they have managed to get Wickham fit, he looked very unfit for us, but the last 3 months might have given him the chance to get at least fit if not match fit and could be very useful with Fletcher if we go the 4-4-2 route in remaining games. Personally I think Fessi will end up playing up front if both Harris and Reach are fit instead of out on the left. 

Our big area of concern is defense we were leaking goals, Dawson form was shot and personal after the Man City game Wildsmith should have been given a chance, Westwood would be the preferred option but Monk seems to have an issue with him and the other 4 not allowed to play players. 

With  the case dragging on with the EFL we need to get ourselves about 15 points clear of the bottom 3, as I think if it is 9 or less we could be in serious problems.

Wickham won’t be arsed with playing for us, probably gained a few pounds over lockdown.

He doesn’t strike me as being the most disciplined athlete.