Who remembers this game

First and only time going to Tottenham 

Remember it been a cracking away following 

How bad was spurs defending 

And a young sol Campbell as striker 

Edited by WelshOwl74

remember it very well......my son was born at 11pm the day before......we won 3-0

Campbell would have been 24......hardly young and definitely didn't play up front

Edited by Ian

4 hours ago, Ian said:

remember it very well......my son was born at 11pm the day before......we won 3-0

Campbell would have been 24......hardly young and definitely didn't play up front

I remember going there 3 years earlier and Campbell did a good job at left back marking Waddle. 
Camped in their half for 45 minutes, Bright should have had a hatrick. 
Loat 3-1

The Wednesday way. 

Nice to get some revenge in this thread. 

3 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

Yes I was there...weirdly easy 

Me too. Remember after the game Di Canio said something along the lines of 'Spurs are in trouble if they are getting beat as easily as that at home to us'! 

Ferdinand and Chris Armstrong were up front for them.

13 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Fantastic weekend....... missed the kick off due to our taxi being stuck behind a broken down Rolls Royce with a very embarrassed Paul Daniels & Debbie Magee stood beside it .....

true story 

I like that, not a lot. But I like it.

Edited by hasthagotanycheese
correction
  • Haha 1

Thing is look at our side that day it wasnt that bad.....

Pressman

Nolan Thome Walker Hinchcliffe

Carbone Atherton Jonk Rudi

Booth Di Canio

Imagine if we had kept Big Ron, he had stuff to work with there.... 2 or 3 new players and we could have pushed on. But, we had Wilson and Richards and look what happened.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Dutch McLovin said:

Pressman

Booth Di Canio

Imagine if we had kept Big Ron, he had stuff to work with there.... 2 or 3 new players and we could have pushed on. But, we had Wilson and Richards and look what happened.

The team above was workmanlike but had flair to do something different. Not to mention Big Ron who could manage teams and players alike

2 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

The team above was workmanlike but had flair to do something different. Not to mention Big Ron who could manage teams and players alike

Exactly.

Think if we'd have kept Big Ron he would have upgraded Nolan Atherton and Booth pre season and with his management skills we could have Pushed Europe. I know he was looking to sign Gary Speed that pre season had he stayed, what a difference he would have made not only to the team to Wim Jonk. He could have actually been the player we thought we were signing.

15 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Pressman

Booth Di Canio

We started to move in a certain direction, but never carried it through. The likes of DiCanio and Carbone were never going to gel with players like Atherton and Booth, and in the end lost confidence in them This resulted in the two Italians playing keep ball amongst themselves most of the time. Another forward on the same wavelength as those two, with Jonk feeding them, and we might have gone on to establish ourselves in the division Too many championship level players were signed, and that was inevitably where we ended up

Edited by gurujuan
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Pressman

Booth Di Canio

I agree a couple more players and a better manager then Danny Wilson we could have cemented a place in top half of the table.
But in reality not sure if that was going to happen as the clubs debt was mounting at the time and probably would have restricted us in the transfer market.

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I agree a couple more players and a better manager then Danny Wilson we could have cemented a place in top half of the table.
But in reality not sure if that was going to happen as the clubs debt was mounting at the time and probably would have restricted us in the transfer market.

That is true. But imagine Big Ron, Di Canio would probably have gone to Man U for big money. Could all have been different. 

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We started to move in a certain direction, but never carried it through. The likes of DiCanio and Carbone were never going to gel with players like Atherton and Booth, and in the end lost confidence in them This resulted in the two Italians playing keep ball amongst themselves most of the time. Another forward on the same wavelength as those two, with Jonk feeding them, and we might have gone on to establish ourselves in the division Too many championship level players were signed, and that was inevitably where we ended up

Spot on. People go on about them having a bad attitude but as you elude to what did you expect when they were WAY ahead of the players they were playing with.

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Atherton and Booth were average and didn't fit into how we wanted to play. Nolan was playing in the wrong position but the rest of that team had played international football.

It makes me sad now (not angry) about Richard's selfishness in getting rid of Big Ron

11 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

But this was when the big TV deals were beginning to kick in - so a couple of seasons of stability would have wiped out the debt