20th June

Guest Grandad

It’s unlikely but I do well wonder if we’ll look back at the time the 2019/20 season was suspended for a pandemic and it proved to be a turning point for this club and that we actually moved forward from this?

Personally I think the remaining 9 games for every side are cup-ties and previous form goes totally out of the window. I think Wednesday in particular will benefit for not playing in front of crowds.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It will be a living nightmare for them

Especially if they've committed big time to their highly paid lifestyle with houses and new cars n that that all need paying for

My heart bleeds for them 

If they’re spending a silly % of their wages with little to no savings or investment then more fool them.

Same for us all - we don’t know what’s round the corner, that’s of course if you have the ability to do so, I understand situations are different for each family but for a footballer - Different

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

It’s unlikely but I do well wonder if we’ll look back at the time the 2019/20 season was suspended for a pandemic and it proved to be a turning point for this club and that we actually moved forward from this?

Personally I think the remaining 9 games for every side are cup-ties and previous form goes totally out of the window. I think Wednesday in particular will benefit for not playing in front of crowds.

It will be a different form table come the end of it 

Fitness has changed, mental hunger amongst some players to get back to their job, summer months and better weather, playing for a contract still perhaps etc etc - it’ll be good to watch

Guest LittleG
9 hours ago, Grandad said:

Personally think the potential restart is awful news for us

This squad can get us relegated without any points deduction. And were heading the right way too before the stop

I agree, apart from one or two this team has no fight in it at all.

24 minutes ago, LittleG said:

I agree, apart from one or two this team has no fight in it at all.

I think we have more than enough cushion to avoid relegation.
Difficult to know how the enforced break has effected players at all clubs but think at least it cant make our players play any worse.

More likely it has given a chance to re group and when games behind closed doors they players wont have the fans on they backs.

• Like 1

Guest LittleG
1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

I think we have more than enough cushion to avoid relegation.
Difficult to know how the enforced break has effected players at all clubs but think at least it cant make our players play any worse.

More likely it has given a chance to re group and when games behind closed doors they players wont have the fans on they backs.

Hopefully we do have enough cushion, unfortunaty I just can't see our performances and results going on an upward curve; not got a lot of faith in this bunch of players and the manager.

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Its probably been already covered in this thread but what about players who went back home abroad at the start of this crisis.
Will they have to self isolate for 2 weeks when they come back?

AFAIK they are already back

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I agree, it's unlikely. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ANDY said:

How will it work, if after contact training has resumed, say a player tests positive for covid, the whole squad will need to self isolate for 14 days

Exactly what I said 2 months ago and someone in the media questioned yesterday. 

Happened in Germany didn’t it with Dresden? All team quarantined for 2 weeks

2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Its probably been already covered in this thread but what about players who went back home abroad at the start of this crisis.
Will they have to self isolate for 2 weeks when they come back?

I think most will have already done that, I'm sure I read a few weeks ago that teams were calling players back who had gone home to other countries.

So I would presume that was the reason.

Btw

8th June vote is only to adopt the changes to the format that the EFL propose for the remainder of the season. 

There will then be a vote by each division, at a later date, to decide whether to continue or curtail the season. 

i don’t see us playing again ‘til end of June

1 hour ago, Essix Blue said:

Btw

8th June vote is only to adopt the changes to the format that the EFL propose for the remainder of the season. 

There will then be a vote by each division, at a later date, to decide whether to continue or curtail the season. 

i don’t see us playing again ‘til end of June

The season won’t finish by July 31st. Not a chance.

What is the primary purpose of football:
To entertain us fans by : Games, ranking the best out of those games, and bringing people together

The FA should simply stick to that mantra and for once in their lives win back the support of fans.
All seasons written off. Start again next season safely for the fans benefit.

Prize money for all clubs awarded on points per game as a slight boost of income.

It's our competition like it or leave it. Trophies and silverware given, Top and bottom teams only get promoted relegated as the chances of either messing that up is so unlikely compared to teams on the edges. A nice simple 1 up 1 down.

Any team not happy then jog on and start a new league (can't see enough teams doing that so the FA can strong arm them).

Plenty of time to rebuild squads, etc, maximum contracts rules put in place to stop small clubs getting out spent and a nice fresh start.
Spend this time then to help the clubs who have lost revenue from fans in leagues 1/2. Not spending time and resources for souless tv games in the premiership for greedy clubs to get their payday.

Winners: The fans, the sport, players families health, the FA.
Losers: Players with big contracts, clubs who rely on TV revenue to run, the odd couple of clubs who wanted to play bigger teams next year and get bigger revenue, TV companies who have plenty of cash.

• Like 2