20th June

Guest Grandad

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Only downside is probably definite relegation though

lol

I don't think it's safe to assume there will be more than 44 clubs left alive by the time next season starts.

😧😧

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Beaches and Parks are packed out by people who have the intelligence of an untrained chimp (and that’s probably an Insult to chimps) 

Not tryna argue that they don’t need the TV cash, but it’s a bit of an issue is it not ? That the game has to risk everyone’s health and safety to keep itself alive 

whose safety? surely your not on about the players?in there best physical shape of there life? ,if they live with a person in there household who is at high risk then id totally get they want to give it a miss or they would have to live away from home for a bit to earn a living what men and woman should be doing to support themselves and there families and not expect state handouts so they can sit about in there  back garden drinking all day like a lot have and are still doing .  and sadly money rules the world , everything is now in a worldwide infrastructure ,us say not selling clothes in shops ends up costing lives in say Bangladesh who live in v poor conditions and there clothes factories now have no work so they will now struggle even to feed themselves (just an example) if life don't return to say 95% by sept/October you will end up with a colossal meltdown of the economy here and worldwide which will kill far more than covid 19 will ever kill. 

Guest Grandad

Personally think the potential restart is awful news for us

This squad can get us relegated without any points deduction. And were heading the right way too before the stop

Completely agree with people saying the season restarting is bad news for us. This squad has been a disgrace since Christmas. Some of the worst performances we have seen in a long time. Point deduction would be a disaster, no point deduction and we will still be in for a very nervy end of season. I can’t wait to get rid of a lot of this squad. 

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Personally think the potential restart is awful news for us

This squad can get us relegated without any points deduction. And were heading the right way too before the stop

I thought we the fans were the root cause of the poor form. As we will be playing behind closed doors I expect us to pick up 15 points from our remaining home games!

Best we can hope for is the season ends before the EFL case is ruled and the clubs currently in and around the bottom 3 fail to win more than 3 of their last 9 matches.

8 hours ago, Grandad said:

Rumoured date for the re-start

What we reckon? One month extension for the squad?

Or will players out of contract refuse the extension

Utterly pointless restarting the season without any fans in the stadium. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It will be a living nightmare for them

Especially if they've committed big time to their highly paid lifestyle with houses and new cars n that that all need paying for

But it will be a blessing foe clubs who will be able to drive down wages and pick up players on the cheap . 

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Completely agree with people saying the season restarting is bad news for us. This squad has been a disgrace since Christmas. Some of the worst performances we have seen in a long time. Point deduction would be a disaster, no point deduction and we will still be in for a very nervy end of season. I can’t wait to get rid of a lot of this squad. 

Agree. We were ill equipped to handle football under normal circumstances, I can't envisage anything that's happened over the last couple of months having a positive impact on our squads mentality or ability.....

9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I saw an article yesterday from Dom Howson I think it was that listed all those we let go last summer and it asked which ones have you missed?

The answer I think was 'none'

Just out of interest ( and because my memory is so bad) who left last summer, and which galacticos did they sign for?

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It will be a living nightmare for them

Especially if they've committed big time to their highly paid lifestyle with houses and new cars n that that all need paying for

Never mind, they can find a smaller house off three weeks wages.

Many people out there losing Jobs that won't be able to do that.

Living nightmare ??   Nawwww, A living nightmare is REALLY having nothing. 
There are many out there that might be placed in that situation.

Lets stop fawning over these players. Wish them all the best and hope it all works out for them.... but nightmare ?

• Like 1