20th June

Guest Grandad

1 hour ago, Sefton owl said:

Isn’t this the date they’ve officially said all PL fixtures will resume. 

If the premier league resumes before championship it will be ridiculous. The league in which significantly more players have tested positive than in the championship. Joke.

I thought PL were starting 17th June ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52833725

23 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Still think the re-start is sheer utter madness 

Its done purely to get the tv money due ,without that i dont see many clubs getting to summer unless they have very wealthy owners , and if next season cant start by sept 1st and allowed at least some crowds then expect many to go bust.face it life has to get back to some normality or you will see mass unemployment ,social unrest ,people evicted from there homes . Whether you agree football should restart or not at min beaches parks etc are packed out so whats the difference with football? .im not stopping my life for 5 years because by then it might have gone away , just a common sense approach   ,and deciding on your own personal risks/situation it the way forward. 

1 hour ago, Sefton owl said:

Isn’t this the date they’ve officially said all PL fixtures will resume. 

If the premier league resumes before championship it will be ridiculous. The league in which significantly more players have tested positive than in the championship. Joke.

The Premier League is more advanced in terms of testing to date and the players have also been back in training for a longer period - it makes sense due to this that their start date will be sooner. 

12 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

I thought PL were starting 17th June ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52833725

They are, but that is a midweek for the 4 teams that have played 1 less game than the rest.

The majority will play their next match on the weekend of 20th June as things stand.

Edited by Guest

59 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I wonder if we'll be re-signing players on new contracts simply because we're worried we wont' have enough players to continue

noooooooo don’t bloody say that. The thought of Pessy and Nuhiu getting new contracts whatever the circumstances is not a good thought. 

2 hours ago, Grandad said:

Rumoured date for the re-start

What we reckon? One month extension for the squad?

Or will players out of contract refuse the extension

Surely an agreement will need to be reached with the EFL to cover all teams in the same division in this respect? They are resuming to complete the 2019-20 season and although technically contracts run out on July 1st, the players were contracted to complete the season by this point - this is why teams should have looked to defer payments across the board as soon as a postponement was put in place.

8 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The Premier League is more advanced in terms of testing to date and the players have also been back in training for a longer period - it makes sense due to this that their start date will be sooner. 

‘more advanced’ simply because they tested all their players before all the other clubs did. Just don’t know how all EFL teams weren’t able to facilitate this though 

2 hours ago, Grandad said:

Rumoured date for the re-start

What we reckon? One month extension for the squad?

Or will players out of contract refuse the extension

The agents of all of them are going to be after new long term contracts not one month deals

And even if they did sign on for an extra month, they're hardly likely to put much effort in knowing that they're not getting a new long term deal - risking injury that could scupper a deal somewhere else

2 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

‘more advanced’ simply because they tested all their players before all the other clubs did. Just don’t know how all EFL teams weren’t able to facilitate this though 

More money, more resource, players introduced back into training grounds earlier than at Championship level so better access to testing. 

Some of the Premier League clubs have voiced concerns that the 20th June is too early in terms of match fitness to get back into competitive games regularly. These clubs have stepped up their training regimes earlier than Championship clubs have been able to so I reckon there would be more issues regarding this at our level.

2 minutes ago, Stoop said:

If my contract was up, no way would I sign a short term one. Too risky 

I hope the majority of our out of contract players think that way as well. Be very annoying if we offer them a long term contract just to make sure they stay. Having nightmares about Pessy getting a new one!

Edited by WalthamOwl

1 minute ago, Stoop said:

If my contract was up, no way would I sign a short term one. Too risky 

That's the point, many players in this situation will have differing opinions, some clubs could be left without enough players to fulfill fixtures as of July 1st. 

That's why the EFL need to come to a collective agreement with clubs and the PFA on this.

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

That's the point, many players in this situation will have differing opinions, some clubs could be left without enough players to fulfill fixtures as of July 1st. 

That's why the EFL need to come to a collective agreement with clubs and the PFA on this.

Agreed

Clubs could be looking at finishing the season with very different looking first teams than they had at the beginning of March, which imo makes finishing this season a bit of a farce 

1 minute ago, Stoop said:

Agreed

Clubs could be looking at finishing the season with very different looking first teams than they had at the beginning of March, which imo makes finishing this season a bit of a farce 

Absolutely, when the window closed at the end of January every team knew what they had to work with for the remainder of the season, if that is not the case going forward then the season is not being played out under the correct terms.

The Premier League have agreed to try and ensure each team completes the season with their current squads but this has to be agreed by all parties involved.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1667675

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

Its done purely to get the tv money due ,without that i dont see many clubs getting to summer unless they have very wealthy owners , and if next season cant start by sept 1st and allowed at least some crowds then expect many to go bust.face it life has to get back to some normality or you will see mass unemployment ,social unrest ,people evicted from there homes . Whether you agree football should restart or not at min beaches parks etc are packed out so whats the difference with football? .im not stopping my life for 5 years because by then it might have gone away , just a common sense approach   ,and deciding on your own personal risks/situation it the way forward. 

Beaches and Parks are packed out by people who have the intelligence of an untrained chimp (and that’s probably an Insult to chimps) 

Not tryna argue that they don’t need the TV cash, but it’s a bit of an issue is it not ? That the game has to risk everyone’s health and safety to keep itself alive 

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Be just our luck to have all the players out of contract just walk away leaving us with Jordan Rhodes and the kitman to play the rest of the games

and the Kit man will be more mobile