20th June

Guest Grandad

Guest Grandad

Rumoured date for the re-start

What we reckon? One month extension for the squad?

Or will players out of contract refuse the extension

3 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Key question I think, or the league will be a joke, play a different team for the June games to the July ones.....

2 minutes ago, shez owl said:

We might be down to just a couple of hundred dying a day by then.. so why not

Holiday flights to Tenerife are resuming July 1st so we need to act sharp to get the football back before the inevitable second wave comes

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Holiday flights to Tenerife are resuming July 1st so we need to act sharp to get the football back before the inevitable second wave comes

You mean the 'Second Cummings'?

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Be just our luck to have all the players out of contract just walk away leaving us with Jordan Rhodes and the kitman to play the rest of the games

Owlstalk Shop

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Be just our luck to have all the players out of contract just walk away leaving us with Jordan Rhodes and the kitman to play the rest of the games

Hope we do what we can to keep Fletcher and the 3 young lads, maybe Fox but not that bothered either way. The rest can walk today for me. 

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Every clubs finances have taken a major hit & as yet they don't know when the income will pick up again & to what level.

In can see many clubs operating with smaller squads & youngsters going forward.

I think any player who's out of contact us going to struggle to find a new club on comparable terms to what they are currently on.

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Only downside is probably definite relegation though

lol

Imagine how motivated most of our lads are at the moment compared to most of the rest of the league.

Bearing in mind how motivated they were pre lockdown....

1 minute ago, mogbad said:

I think any player who's out of contact us going to struggle to find a new club on comparable terms to what they are currently on.

It will be a living nightmare for them

Especially if they've committed big time to their highly paid lifestyle with houses and new cars n that that all need paying for

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

nah, think positive, which of them would we really miss that’s a first team regular? 

I saw an article yesterday from Dom Howson I think it was that listed all those we let go last summer and it asked which ones have you missed?

The answer I think was 'none'

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I saw an article yesterday from Dom Howson I think it was that listed all those we let go last summer and it asked which ones have you missed?

The answer I think was 'none'

have to agree with that. Possibly Hooper but then again he just spent to much time out injured unfortunately. 

Isn’t this the date they’ve officially said all PL fixtures will resume. 

If the premier league resumes before championship it will be ridiculous. The league in which significantly more players have tested positive than in the championship. Joke.

Since Xmas, most of the squad have been pretty poor. I doubt 2 months in lock down will have improved their attitudes, especially as it looks like a lot of em won't get a renewal due to further financial problems. We might not need a points deduction to go down. Actually, if we're relegated they can relegated us via points deduction, genius 😂