Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I wish I never started this thread 

 

I just think of all the if buts and maybes ......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching that. what I find the most disgusting is the way we finished 18/19 and the way we started 19/20 - actually almost all of last year - the team were on a par with that play off team in 2016, if not better at times, easily. 

 

The way Chansiri, Monk and the players have completely screwed everything up in 2020 is an absolute disgrace and they all need to f*k off as soon as possible so we can start again, most likely in league 1.

 

I don't give two craps about "summat's gone off we don't know about" - whatever the hell it is, icharacters rise to challenges and show passion regardless, develop a chip on their shoulders, create an us vs the world type attitude - I hate to say it, basically what that fat pig has done down the road. All we've done is just completely wilt away and fail top to bottom. 

 

When do we hear passion from our so called captain Tom Lees? It's always Bannan speaking.

Why can't we demand to know why Hutchinson and Westwood aren't playing?

Why can't Chansiri, for once, just take some accountability and acknowledge his shortcomings with our finances, and how he's basically overseen a failed gamble?

Why did no player kick off when Liam Palmer was claterred in minute 1 v Derby?

 

As fans we shouldn't put up with this and they all need to be held to account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, billyblack said:

Odubajo.... the same odubajo we have now??


He was playing for hull then yeah. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:


He was playing for hull then yeah. 

Yeah, what happened there then. Apparently we signed an imposter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, farlego said:

If that 90 minutes had gone our way where would we be now?

 

 

Probably in same place as Hull are now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nickswfc said:

Watching that. what I find the most disgusting is the way we finished 18/19 and the way we started 19/20 - actually almost all of last year - the team were on a par with that play off team in 2016, if not better at times, easily. 

 

The way Chansiri, Monk and the players have completely screwed everything up in 2020 is an absolute disgrace and they all need to f*k off as soon as possible so we can start again, most likely in league 1.

 

I don't give two craps about "summat's gone off we don't know about" - whatever the hell it is, icharacters rise to challenges and show passion regardless, develop a chip on their shoulders, create an us vs the world type attitude - I hate to say it, basically what that fat pig has done down the road. All we've done is just completely wilt away and fail top to bottom. 

 

When do we hear passion from our so called captain Tom Lees? It's always Bannan speaking.

Why can't we demand to know why Hutchinson and Westwood aren't playing?

Why can't Chansiri, for once, just take some accountability and acknowledge his shortcomings with our finances, and how he's basically overseen a failed gamble?

Why did no player kick off when Liam Palmer was claterred in minute 1 v Derby?

 

As fans we shouldn't put up with this and they all need to be held to account.

Not sure how you think the team that started this year is better than the 2016 one? Every player from 2016 that is still here is well past their best.
Hunt>Palmer 

pudil>fox
Wallace and reach are probably about even. 
The only genuine improvement I would say is fletcher.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just sorting through the videos I took right up in the last row of the whole support doing hi ho Sheffield Wednesday, incredible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, billyblack said:

Yeah, what happened there then. Apparently we signed an imposter


I think he broke his leg the next season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We should have gone up that day.. everything was in place to make that a special day! 
And IMO hull didn’t deserve it just on there poor show of fans. I was so gutted that day. In my head, we was up. I was preparing which away days I was going to next season, who we could sign, what boozer I’m going to after The game to party.... ohh how that came to bite me in the arse 😂

 

classic Wednesday.. I will never learn. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

 

Well after all that and we are now CRAP, Hull are lower than us in the league and they were light years in front of us on that day, it's a funny old game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could have roared that day.

 

Best side won.

 

I remember thinking we will do it automatically next season.

 

😢

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

We should have gone up that day.. everything was in place to make that a special day! 
And IMO hull didn’t deserve it just on there poor show of fans. I was so gutted that day. In my head, we was up. I was preparing which away days I was going to next season, who we could sign, what boozer I’m going to after The game to party.... ohh how that came to bite me in the arse 😂

 

classic Wednesday.. I will never learn. 

 


Fans don’t win you games, players do and ours didn’t turn up. Hull could have had 4 quite easily on another day looking back at those highlights. I can’t remember any of our chances looking back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SouthStand75 said:


Fans don’t win you games, players do and ours didn’t turn up. Hull could have had 4 quite easily on another day looking back at those highlights. I can’t remember any of our chances looking back. 

Ohh without doubt hull were the better side, but as a club and a fan base, we definitely deserved it more than hull! I mean football is not even there main sport! 
 

F><K HULL (I’m not bitter at all) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah the Green Man and the walk to the stadium was something else.

 

When it boiled down to it with their physicality, something Bruce always focuses on and Carlos didn't, they simply brushed us off the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have been crying out for a Diame type  of player for years. Still haven’t addressed the weak midfield we have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, room0035 said:

Yet the players of that season, 6 of 11 of the starting line up are still at the club. 

 

Of the team that started the final 5 were Gray signings (Helan coming on made 6), Hunt and Pudil on Loan and Fessi and Hooper signed on permanents and Bannan and Wallace were free. 

 

How did we manage to waste so much money on poor recruitment after assembling that team of free agents, loans and just 2 signings costing fees.

 

The players were well trained having had Gray get them fit and playing well, Carlos came in and we added some flair in the wing backs and the attacking players mentioned things started to go wrong when Carlos was allowed to have preseason that did not consist of getting players fit and paxo had us signing every rubbish player that he managed. 

 

What absolute nonsense.

 

We were very poor on the day with only a couple of players emerging with any credit, we totally lost the midfield battle and the service to the forwards was nonexistent, the beaten semi-finalists Brighton got their signings right in the close season and went up, we didn't and will suffer for a lot longer because of it,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The defeat against Hull didn’t really come out of the blue - the pattern of play was very similar to the 0-0 draw that took place against them a couple of months earlier (in a game more famous for Forestieri getting sent off for not getting his leg broken).

 

Both games Hull set up with a five man midfield, and in both games Wednesday created nothing. Every attack either broke down in the middle third due to being outnumber, and any attempts to go long didn’t work as the strikers had neither the pace nor aerial ability to challenge for long balls, resulting in Hull having both games under control. The only difference is that in the league game we defended quite well and restricted Hull to only half chances, whereas in the playoffs they really should have been ahead long before they made the breakthrough.

 

Carvalhal needed to be brave at half time and change the system - probably by sacrificing Wallace to drop Forestieri deeper and bring on Joao or Nuhiu to partner Hooper and offer an outball that we were so desperately in need of. But he didn’t and we deservedly lost. A decent manager would have changed the system at the very least at half time, instead of just watching the team limp meekly to defeat.

Edited by SquirrelSlingshot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, toppOwl said:

 

What absolute nonsense.

 

We were very poor on the day with only a couple of players emerging with any credit, we totally lost the midfield battle and the service to the forwards was nonexistent, the beaten semi-finalists Brighton got their signings right in the close season and went up, we didn't and will suffer for a lot longer because of it,

How is it nonsense that the problem with the club is we had a team full of frees, loans, and 2 signing that got within 90 minutes of promotion then now we have spent millions buying players to make us worse.

 

You do come out with some complete crap from time to time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Dronfield Blue said:

I could have roared that day.

 

Best side won.

 

I remember thinking we will do it automatically next season.

 

😢

 

 

I agree Hull were better then us on the day but didn't think they were all that good at Wembley.
Think being a very dull game added to the disappointment. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...