when they said to him “they are waiting for the outcome of the case” 

he said “trust me they are being docked 10 points” 

12 minutes ago, Dexter Morgan said:

I don’t know if any of you have watched this 

and I don’t know who he knows in the club 

but he said we are being docked 10 points 

if indeed that does happen we are down imo. Hope big Carlton is wrong. Then again didnt Carlton think he played against John Terry in the rumbelows cup in 1991. Terry was 11 at the time. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Dexter Morgan said:

I love Carlton Palmer, as a player he was very underrated by both the media, and the team running the England national setup, probably because he doesn’t look like a footballer. I would also go as far as saying if he didn’t come back to a Hillsborough in 2001, bringing Stuart Ripley with him, we would have gone down again. 

He also has a bit of a chip on his shoulder, with good reason. Imagine being good enough to play for your national team (whilst playing for an unfashionable team), but having grown men walk up to you to tell you that you are the worst England player ever.

However, some of that interview wasn’t quite true.

Ryan Giggs did not play in the 1991 cup final (I think he means Lee Sharpe) and Chris Waddle was 31 (not 38) when he signed for us. 

So, I think his comments about the docked points are a little misguided. It was also filmed before Christmas, probably before DC came out fighting on the 17th December. 

On 27/05/2020 at 23:24, Dexter Morgan said:

I hope this hasn’t been posted before, if it hasn’t you are in for a real treat 

an absolutely brilliant interview with Carlton for the Under the Cosh podcast 

enjoy 

It's  a great interview. Loved him as a player but wasn't sure about him as a bloke. This interview shows some of what he's been through and why he sometimes brags about his wealth and his achievements. It's scandalous the way he is ridiculed by nobodies who have achieved nothing on the football field. Love his attitude to life and the way he's brought his kids up, it's clear they won't be allowed to be snowflakes. The last half hour went downhill a bit though when the drink started talking!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 29/05/2020 at 23:54, Dexter Morgan said:

It was filmed before Christmas last year mate so there's no way Carlton or anyone else will have known that. Think the presenters were being kind to him by not picking him up on it. 

He did a 2 part interview recently on the “ Quickly Kevin will he score podcast”

Part 1

https://play.acast.com/s/quicklykevin/0c41c9d7-ed79-4e64-9376-3237b2d7200c

Part 2

https://play.acast.com/s/quicklykevin/1c0f57cf-c64a-4232-93a6-597c97187a47

Speaks well, and a decent interview. Not had the chance to listen to the undr the cosh one yet but will do.

On 29/05/2020 at 23:54, Dexter Morgan said:

Fantastic player for us and he also has some great stories to tell that are a good listen but I would just say, as others have pointed out, that some of the what he has to say is far from 100% accurate so I wouldn't read too much into his verdict on the EFL case at this stage.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, bobness said:

The only two footballers interviewed in that piece said he was a good player. From 18 caps there aren't many clips of him conceding penalties, scoring own goals, giving the ball away - a couple of bad shots and a mistimed header, and another one where he mis-controls the ball, but recovers to get the second touch and ends up winning a free-kick in a dangerous area.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Emerson Thome said:

The only two footballers interviewed in that piece said he was a good player. From 18 caps there aren't many clips of him conceding penalties, scoring own goals, giving the ball away - a couple of bad shots and a mistimed header, and another one where he mis-controls the ball, but recovers to get the second touch and ends up winning a free-kick in a dangerous area.

Yup, it doesn't exactly hide that they're factoring in Carlton's awkwardness

Also - England didn't do too badly in the games he played - some tough fixtures in here. These days the qualifiers for international tournaments seem to be endless games against Kosovo, Estonia and Andorra. There's only 1 match - San Marino, here that is a walkover.

Russia 2 - England 2

Hungary 0 - England 1

England 1 - Brazil 1

Finland 1 - England 2 (came on as sub at HT, with score 1-1)

Denmark 0 - England 0

France 0 - England 0

Sweden 2 - England 1

Spain 1 - England 0 (came on as sub on 63 mins, with score 1-0 to Spain)

England 1 - Norway 1 (came on as sub in 90th minute, with score 1-1)

England 4 - Turkey 0

England 6 - San Marino 0

Turkey 0 - England 2

England 2 - Netherlands 2

Poland 1 - England 1

Norway 2 - England 0

USA 2 - England 0 (subbed off at 1-0 on 63 mins)

England 1 - Brazil 1 (came on as sub on 67 minutes, with England 1-0 up)

Holland 2 - England 0 (subbed off at HT with score at 0-0)

The defeats to Sweden, Norway and Holland away stand out as the worst results (the US was an end of season friendly) - the Sweden game Tony Daley was the weak link and missed lots of easy chances, the Norway game it was an error by Des Walker and Holland game we were drawing 0-0 when Taylor took him off.