Massimo Luongo

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

One of the reasons I started this thread, and the Reach one, is because I was wondering if people saw them as integral pieces of the team, if fit of course

He has looked good in patches this season but even when he was playing he didn't look fully fit in terms of being able to be a box-to-box midfielder. He can do a bit of both in terms of defensive and attacking midfield play but I think it would be a bit of a waste to play him in a holding role, he has only scored twice this season but hasn't played that many games from the start, probably better suited to playing in a midfield 3. 

Fitness has obviously been an issue, but hopefully he can resolve those issues. He does seem to have the tools to be able to do a bit of everything That will be useful if the manager persists on playing 4-4-2 

However, that then throws up question marks around Bannan. Pairing those two as our midfield engine room would leave us really vulnerable to counter attacks All right if we were on top, but not much good when we don’t have the ball

21 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

One of the reasons I started this thread, and the Reach one, is because I was wondering if people saw them as integral pieces of the team, if fit of course

Look at our results without them. Think that answers the question.

Guest LittleG
26 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We need them both fit and firing in the team.

27 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

yeah I would have them both in the team, think they can both be very useful players. 

5 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

It's a fair point. Luongo didn't play in 2 of our 3 defeats over the festive period and hasn't featured since being incorrectly sent off in the Blackburn hammering. 

Then again, Odubajo is derided by many but the record with him in the team compared to when he hasn't played is also significantly different. 

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

I’m sure there are other factors, but I take your point. If both are fit, would you say they should be starters? What concerns me is, if they play, and Fox and Fletcher re-sign, realistically there won’t be many change to the actual starting eleven next season. Probably only 2 positions available, a striker to play alongside and another wide player, if we stick with 4-4-2

Looks like he’s one who can play in a midfield 2. Can do a bit of everything. Decent player. I don’t see him as a defensive midfielder in a 3 tho.

We need to bring in a couple in central midfield in the summer given Lee, Joey and Hutch are likely to leave. 

Edited by Bouncing Owl

I think he looks really decent paying either role.

Until this season his fitness had been excellent. Let’s hope his injury troubles are over cos we looked a better team when he played.

6 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Looks like he’s one who can play in a midfield 2. Can do a bit of everything. Decent player. I don’t see him as a defensive midfielder in a 3 tho.

We need to bring in a couple in central midfield in the summer given Lee, Joey and Hutch are likely to leave. 

Yes we are short on numbers in midfield, but if we only play with a 2, a couple of back up players should suffice

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes we are short on numbers in midfield, but if we only play with a 2, a couple of back up players should suffice

We need a designated defensive midfielder should we go with a 3 on occasions. Someone who is powerful to give us another option. 

Edited by Bouncing Owl