Fox and Fletcher

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You might be right in terms of the best free-contract players having more offers but the best ones will have already been on good contracts previously so might well still struggle to be able to get similar offers from anywhere in the current climate, which might in turn lead to them considering the offers to stay if they can or move close to home when considering the upheaval that comes with a move if they don't get offered a big deal elsewhere. 

Also it is said that across the 71 EFL clubs, around 1,400 players will be out of contract on July 1st, with the state of finances in the lower leagues a fair few might struggle to find a club at all 

Like I said and you also did the better ones will easily get deals. but I think they maybe pushed into accepting what's on the table now as they dont know what is round the corner.  

But alot of teams who were say planning to get a 5m striker in this summer. may now be saying we will get a free but pay a better contract or a bigger signing on fee and still save 3 or 4 million.

4 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Like I said and you also did the better ones will easily get deals. but I think they maybe pushed into accepting what's on the table now as they dont know what is round the corner.  

But alot of teams who were say planning to get a 5m striker in this summer. may now be saying we will get a free but pay a better contract or a bigger signing on fee and still save 3 or 4 million.

Not going to be that many players on a free that would be a suitable alternative to a £4M or£ 5M signing though - any free transfer players that are of that ilk will more than likely have had deals in the pipeline before this broke out and although the terms may be forced to change the interest in the deals from both sides will probably remain.

Transfer fees and salaries at this level and below should take a great hit as clubs in the Championship couldn't afford what they were paying out when they did have a regular sustained income never mind what they are facing in the coming months and that reality really needs to start hitting home.   

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Wednesday held talks about new contracts for these lads a while back

No updates though

Wonder what the current state of play is?

dont care, Fox is hopeless and Fletcher will stay if he wants to (i hope he does)

If we offer fletcher a 2 year deal around £17k per week, he will stay. Current climate, he will have to accept significantly reduced wages. Fox should get an improved contract of around £10/12k PW. 

I would think that most new contracts will now be in the 10/12k PW range given current circumstances. 

We will release a load on big money in the summer. The big issues we have is what can we do with Westwood and Rhodes?

It’s worth looking at what we get for our money.

Here’s the last two seasons:-

Fletcher 5069 minutes

Nuhiu 3025 minutes

Forestieri 2446 minutes

Rhodes 1883 minutes

Winnall 945 minutes

Much is made of Fletcher’s injury record, but for a blood & guts striker he doesn’t half get plenty of game time.

And here with the goals they’ve scored this past two seasons.

Fletcher 5069 minutes - 24 goals 

Nuhiu 3025 minutes - 9 goals

Forestieri 2446 minutes - 8 goals 

Rhodes 1883 minutes - 12 goals

Winnall 945 minutes - 2 goals 

Much is made of Fletcher’s injury record, but for a blood & guts striker he doesn’t half get plenty of game time.

Break that piggy-bank for Fletcher

3 hours ago, james o connor said:

Who’s gonna pay him the daft amount we have ? 

I know he’s a huge Celtic fan, and there is literally nothing in this and no rumour, but I’m amazed that Rangers haven’t gone after him. 

Available for free, Scottish, Fletcher would undoubtedly be interested, and he would be a good addition to their squad alongside Morelos and Defoe.

everything is up in the air it couldn't be any more. we don't know what league we be in , we don't know if or at what time there will be a next season( how can there be one if half the clubs cant afford to continue?) unless a pot of money is guaranteed to each club , and the gov drops the banning of crowds at games then they just wont be any football below the premier league. if you treat football as a business then you will you be doing your upmost to reduce costs . no club should be allowed to sign any player on a new contract until a guarantee is in place regards funding going forward.

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

everything is up in the air it couldn't be any more. we don't know what league we be in , we don't know if or at what time there will be a next season( how can there be one if half the clubs cant afford to continue?) unless a pot of money is guaranteed to each club , and the gov drops the banning of crowds at games then they just wont be any football below the premier league. if you treat football as a business then you will you be doing your upmost to reduce costs . no club should be allowed to sign any player on a new contract until a guarantee is in place regards funding going forward.

yep …

4 hours ago, Holmowl said:

It’s worth looking at what we get for our money.

Here’s the last two seasons:-

Fletcher 5069 minutes

Nuhiu 3025 minutes

Forestieri 2446 minutes

Rhodes 1883 minutes

Winnall 945 minutes

Plus some of that period is under Jos who only deemed Fletcher capable of playing once every 3 weeks!

3 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

I know he’s a huge Celtic fan, and there is literally nothing in this and no rumour, but I’m amazed that Rangers haven’t gone after him. 

Available for free, Scottish, Fletcher would undoubtedly be interested, and he would be a good addition to their squad alongside Morelos and Defoe.

I'm sure you'd have something to say if Rangers forked out £30K a week for an aging striker! :ph34r:

How much money do we lose by playing behind closed doors?

Seriously have a stab at it. Gate money over 23 games, some season tickets, some pay on the gate. All the differeent seat prices in the different areas.

Lets add on programme sales, food and drink. Take off cost of policing, turnstile operators, catering staff.

My guess, £12-£14M.

Big hole in the income side.

7 hours ago, prowl said:

How much money do we lose by playing behind closed doors?

Seriously have a stab at it. Gate money over 23 games, some season tickets, some pay on the gate. All the differeent seat prices in the different areas.

Lets add on programme sales, food and drink. Take off cost of policing, turnstile operators, catering staff.

My guess, £12-£14M.

Big hole in the income side.

Yes, at least that.

Your figures look very stark. Very easy to see why the Huddersfield owner talked of mass insolvencies.

8 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I'm sure you'd have something to say if Rangers forked out £30K a week for an aging striker! :ph34r:

They are paying more for Defoe!

I get what you are saying and I don’t necessarily agree with it but Rangers much like Wednesday under Chansiri seem to be exempt from budgeting and running sustainably. They once again seem quite happy to spend more than they earn every season despite their recent insolvency and the creation of their new company.