Can we unlock the potential of Adam Reach?

1 hour ago, Road Runner said:

Left side of a front 3 

Fletcher

Reach                 Harris 

err...where are all the goals going to come from? if this was our front 3 we need goals from midfield, which we dont currently have. so unless we are going to sign Lampard Gerrard and Ballack, then this is a a big NO from me.

23 minutes ago, steelerian said:

err...where are all the goals going to come from? if this was our front 3 we need goals from midfield, which we dont currently have. so unless we are going to sign Lampard Gerrard and Ballack, then this is a a big NO from me.

If Fletcher was to leave now I have no idea where they would come from. Worrying. 

1 minute ago, Sefton owl said:

If Fletcher was to leave now I have no idea where they would come from. Worrying. 

Exactly, and Fletcher has never scored 20 goals in a league season, though he may still have 9 games to reach that milestone. I’ve long been of the opinion that 2 wingers is a luxury we can’t afford

20 hours ago, room0035 said:

I think you can add him to the list of players we should have sold when his stock was high, now entering the last year of his contract, if not resigned we will struggle to get half of what we paid for him.

Fessi, Westwood, Bannan, Lees, Reach all players than we had good offers for but our leader knew better and since then how many millions have we wasted with them sat in the stands either not allowed to play or injured.

The good teams, sale players for the right price them improve the team with the funds and develop the club.

Should have been sold last year.

If he plays he has to play wide in a 442. We will not get back what we paid for him. 

On 27/05/2020 at 13:14, Lord Snooty said:

Left side of attack.

Though that's probably also Harris' best position. 

And perhaps Fernando too. 

Reachs athleticism and attitude and willingness to play where ever he's asked actually hampers him. IMO. 

It's a bit like anther Wallace in a way. 

Being left footed suits him for fluidly and getting crosses into the box. 

That though stunts his long range shooting chances taking that part of his game away. 

Though if you play him on the right, to aid this and allow him to cut in and shoot alla' Wallace, it means he stops attacks stone dead as he tends to stop, cut inside and then always has to deliver an inswinging cross. Which as an ex rugby league fullback who like goalkeepers know it is far easier to come and catch than an out swinger swinging away from you. 

At his age he should have reached a level of consistency and performance already - he's not going to get any better - he's only average . His pointing skills though are much improved , as is his ability to stay out of the way of anything which may be injurious .