Where did it all go wrong for George Hirst at Sheffield Wednesday?

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, bladeshater said:

Absolutely that's what £200 million a season premiership money does for you

And that's what we are now up against in this city

30 minutes ago, Grandad said:

And that's what we are now up against in this city

Absolutely...…………….before the virus struck my niece`s lad was being courted by Wednesday and utd , and she said the difference in professionalism and approach was huge.

Wasn’t it the case that Hirst snr didn’t attend that 150th anniversary dinner because he wasn’t welcome behind the scenes with majority of club heirachy ?

Clearly a massive bust up, and just ‘his dad wanting the best for him’ is likely nowhere near the full story 

There is definitely an alternate universe somewhere in which Chansiri doesn't come in, we keep Stuart Gray and George Hirst starts plenty of games of the 2015-16 season because we're still on a shoestring budget instead of loaning in the likes of Taylor-Fletcher or Keane.

What would've happened? Who knows, but every fortnight when this topic comes up it's something I think about. Beats getting angry about something we no longer have any control over.

4 minutes ago, daftpenguin said:

There is definitely an alternate universe somewhere in which Chansiri doesn't come in, we keep Stuart Gray and George Hirst starts plenty of games of the 2015-16 season because we're still on a shoestring budget instead of loaning in the likes of Taylor-Fletcher or Keane.

I think that is a universe where you go after 12 pints and a few lines:image:

• Haha 3

Guest Grandad
1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Wasn’t it the case that Hirst snr didn’t attend that 150th anniversary dinner because he wasn’t welcome behind the scenes with majority of club heirachy ?

No. You've made that up