Football managers who support Sheffield Wednesday.

2 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

The late Jim Smith - managed Portsmouth, Newcastle, Derby and latterly Oxford United. 

With some success too.

Sheffield born and bred and, often spoke of his love for the Owls.

Proper genuine fan.

Used to chat to him regularly, a really nice guy, but at the end, I think he’d lost his love for football, even Sheffield Wednesday

Just now, gurujuan said:

Used to chat to him regularly, a really nice guy, but at the end, I think he’d lost his love for football, even Sheffield Wednesday

That’s nice to hear that you’ve actually met him.

Always came across as a really nice genuine  guy Jim. 

8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Most Wednesday fans have lost love for football; quite frankly the game itself peaked on the 80 and 90s for me! 

Italia 90, Euro 96, the early Premier league. It was still honest with excitement.  The game had characters; now we’ve the likes of Raheem Sterling. 

Messi and Ronaldo are brilliant, and we’ve had ZZ and others. But generally meh 

Edited by Rogers

4 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

Indeed, he lived at nearby Woodstock, where his wife and daughter ran an antique shop He would come into a restaurant where my wife was manageress. Must admit, a found it a little sad that he had fallen so completely out of love with football, but as Rogers says above, probably a lot of us feel the same way

Just now, gurujuan said:

Indeed, he lived at nearby Woodstock, where his wife and daughter ran an antique shop He would come into a restaurant where my wife was manageress. Must admit, a found it a little sad that he had fallen so completely out of love with football, but as Rogers says above, probably a lot of us feel the same way

Can’t decide as to whether I’ve actually fallen out with football - or it’s just that we are rubbish.

My only claim to fame is that at a night match at Highbury - Jarvis Cocker and Roy Hattersley were sat behind me.

We lost 3-0.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
2 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

Can’t decide as to whether I’ve actually fallen out with football - or it’s just that we are rubbish.

My only claim to fame is that at a night match at Highbury - Jarvis Cocker and Roy Hattersley were sat behind me.

We lost 3-0.

Hope you had your hood up?

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Did she ever meet Inspector Morse?

CD3787C1-6C88-4E4A-B639-050E71BD4718.jpeg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

We lost 3-0.

Yeah, I think I feel the same, I’ve only been to 4 games this season, and trips to Sheffield are more about catching up with friends

4 hours ago, GoldenLee said:

Anyone know of any Football managers Past or Present that support Sheffield Wednesday.

The ones that I can think of are:

Howard Wilkinson

Jim Smith (God rest him)

Chris Turner

Gary Megson.

Anyone know of anymore? 

I'm talking more managers who've supported them all their lives not managers who've had a soft spot for the owls since managing them e.g. Brian Laws, Carlos etc.

Stay home and stay safe everyone.

I know you excluded Brian Laws but the fact he gave us the double over the filth makes him worth a mention for me.

Just now, gurujuan said:

Ha ha, I’m not sure, but I used to live close to Colin Dexter, a funny little man

Loved his books and the TV series. Timeless. Dexter always had a cameo role in them too.

Liked Oxford and Woodstock also.

Used to go through on the motor bike - going and coming from a run out to the Cotswolds.

Never lingered though, in fear of getting murdered.

Used to be the murder capital of the UK - Midsomer has got that title now.

:1276983839_MonkHome:

1 minute ago, ReadingOwl said:

Loved his books and the TV series. Timeless. Dexter always had a cameo role in them too.

Liked Oxford and Woodstock also.

Used to go through on the motor bike - going and coming from a run out to the Cotswolds.

Never lingered though, in fear of getting murdered.

Used to be the murder capital of the UK - Midsomer has got that title now.

:1276983839_MonkHome:

Aye, the mean streets of Oxford Do you still have the motor bike?

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Aye, the mean streets of Oxford Do you still have the motor bike?

I’ve still got both old bikes, yes.

Used to use BMW Oxford for spares - some proper wealth used to turn up there. Their clothes were worth more than my bikes.

I parked mine around the corner.

Used to be a Ferrari dealer in the Cotswolds and a Bentley dealer at Pangbourne too?  - I used to look through the window.

The Falklands War Museum and Memorial at Pangbourne College was worth a visit too.

Edited by ReadingOwl

Guest struckanerve
52 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Most Wednesday fans have lost love for football; quite frankly the game itself peaked on the 80 and 90s for me! 

For me I never really got over the 93 final reply, worst experience ever being there. I think the same applied to the players and hence the club. Keeping hoping for a return to those days but at 41 years old I am losing hope.

1 hour ago, ReadingOwl said:

I was at derby away and he got a magnificent sendoff by both sets of supporters , I don't thing derby and Wednesday have much hate for each other ,I think they proper respected us for giving him such a send off. 

Nigel Pearson

Carlton Palmer

John Sheridan

Chris Waddle

Nigel Worthington

Chris Turner

Jim Smith

Paul Hurst

To names few. I know Waddle only manager 1 team but can you name it without cheating. lol