Jump to content
@owlstalk

How much have you missed football?

How much have you missed football?  

255 members have voted

  1. 1. How much have you missed football?

    • LOADS! I can't wait for it to come back!
      26
    • MEH - So So....
      78
    • NOPE - Not missed it at all really..
      141


Recommended Posts

1st 2 or 3 weeks i did but got used to it now tbh .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've not missed Wednesday ruining my weekends, that's for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Not at all. Personally would be happy if it didn’t start for at least a few more months. Really enjoying weekends not being ruined and me being pi$$ed off because those bunch of wasters have put in embarrassing performances week after week. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Missed the beers in the pub with the lads before going to a game. 

Missed the drinks with the lads during the game when watching on ifollow in Lanzarote. 

The football not so much.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Missed the beers in the pub with the lads before going to a game. 

Missed the drinks with the lads during the game when watching on ifollow in Lanzarote. 

The football not so much.

 

Was going to more or less say same.

I miss the social aspect of football a lot more then the football itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Either football has a MASSIVE problem ahead of it trying to attract fans back to football

OR

We're just saying we're not missing it but in reality the second it's back so are we!

 

lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely anyone voting loads isn’t meaning they miss watching us.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At first I wasn’t missing it, but slowly longing for football is coming back. 
 

I watched the full replay of the 2nd Semi final against Brighton earlier today so I am definitely missing something, it’s either:

 

Football
that feeling of your nerves jangling

brain cells 

motivation to get up and wash the car. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Not at all. Personally would be happy if it didn’t start for at least a few more months. Really enjoying weekends not being ruined and me being pi$$ed off because those bunch of wasters have put in embarrassing performances week after week. 

WOW ! What a BEELL - END !!   You don’t even go.   UTO 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going into this lockdown, I thought I was really going to miss football.

 

As time's gone on, I've been left more and more exasperated by the game's response to the crisis: from the PFA telling players to reject pay cuts; Premier League clubs furloughing staff; and the desperation to continue the season, prioritising money above health and safety or sporting integrity, I've almost been embarrassed to call myself a football fan at times.

 

I don't think I'll even watch the rest of the season should it actually transpire now. How long this feeling might continue, I don't know.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this thread is beginning to finally prove, that the majority on this web site just don’t go to the games !  Me personally I love my club and not being able to watch them is killing us !! UTO 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kevtheowl said:

I think this thread is beginning to finally prove, that the majority on this web site just don’t go to the games !  


Eh?

No it isnt?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, @owlstalk said:


Eh?

No it isnt?

It does !    UTO 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely not missing watching Wednesday. The club has been ruined by incompetence from the Chairman down.

 

Given the excruciating performances we were  seeing, especially since Xmas, and the equally farcical situation off the pitch I was about ready to start skipping games when the shutdown was imposed. If anything the passage of time since then has hardened my attitude.

 

 It saddens me no end but I can’t see any way I’ll be renewing my season ticket whenever that becomes relevant. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

Oh ooookkkkayyyyyyyyy then

That's me convinced

 

 

lol

 

Told ya !    UTO 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I go to every home game and at least half of the away games every season and I’m just starting to miss the away games , but away games for me includes having a good laugh in the pubs before and after the game with my mates/family, not really missing the home games yet, probably still scarred from the crap we saw from Christmas onwards. 

 

I definitely don’t miss the football on tv though, especially premier league games , for the last few seasons I have started to really dislike premier league football and how overhyped it all is , I can only see myself going back to watch premier league games on tv is if we ever get there again. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The longer it goes on, the less I miss it. I can’t see myself attending much when it starts up again. All football organisations,have left me feeling really disillusioned with the whole sport.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Grassy knoll said:

I go to every home game and at least half of the away games every season and I’m just starting to miss the away games , but away games for me includes having a good laugh in the pubs before and after the game with my mates/family, not really missing the home games yet, probably still scarred from the crap we saw from Christmas onwards. 

 

I definitely don’t miss the football on tv though, especially premier league games , for the last few seasons I have started to really dislike premier league football and how overhyped it all is , I can only see myself going back to watch premier league games on tv is if we ever get there again. 

 

Now that’s a good post Grassy knoll, I agree the social side play’s a big part for me as well Home and away.  UTO 
 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...