Kadeem Harris gets the Dom Howson treatment

Just now, Andrew_Owl said:

Oh bore off with it pal. So far up Dom's backside recently.

Getting personal? Really?

You just ranted 'everything is rubbish' so I've simply asked you to show me what you would prefer

Not sure why it's such a big ask?

Owlstalk Shop

8 hours ago, prowl said:

Onece other teams started doubling up on Harris his effectiveness waned. We should have taken advantage on the other wing but Murphy didn't start well and Reach was mediocre. 

Give Harris the ball early, have mobile fast forwards and a threat on the other wing and things will improve. Murphy came good after Christmas but by then Harris's confidence had gone.

Harris did start coming inside more often and having a go himself which didn't do him any favours.

We never seem to make an easy option. Quick give and go, a square ball inside. Number of times you see our players closed down for lack of options. People around me must think I have Tourette’s when I am watching it and getting frustrated. Really need to start passing and moving and tracking back as a team.

8 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

Admittedly he had a shocker against Derby.

But he is a 2nd division winger and he’s hardly played any football in the last few years. He’s played as many Championship minutes for us this season as he did in 7 years at Cardiff.

His loss of form shouldn’t come as a surprise atall. 

Interesting stat. No wonder we snapped him up. Cheap and borderline Championship quality.

Honestly if you gave me the option between Harris and JJ I'd take JJ every time. Both don't don't really have a consistent end product but JJ got you off your seat, absolutely skinning 3/4 players with ease... Then hammering his shot towards goal, narrowly missing the pigeons nesting in rafters.

20 hours ago, lincolnowl said:

He’s a good player.

But he’s not good enough to be replied upon as a teams only outlet for pace and trickery. 

This combined with quite obvious physical fatigue (I don’t think Harris has ever been the most reliable physically which is what cost him at Cardiff) lead to a down turn in his productivity. 

Agree , he is an impact player for any team who has a desire for promotion.  Obviously for what we are he is ok ...  squad is stale , needs major work

20 hours ago, Andrew_Owl said:

100% are there any half decent journalists who cover Sheffield Wednesday, can't remember the last thing I read which wasn't something I could do, honestly just paragraph after paragraph of stating the obvious and waffle.

I like the idea of starting a weekly/monthly podcast during which we have a current player/coaching staff member. This wouldn’t have to involve journalists it could just be a few lads having more of an informal chat with that particular person. 

I think its a much better option of the weekly thursday rubbish with the same questions each time. I know there was a podcast called the owls sanctuary. It was a good laugh but the guests were players of years gone by. We need to focus on the present rather than 25/30 years ago.

1 hour ago, Sefton owl said:

I like the idea of starting a weekly/monthly podcast during which we have a current player/coaching staff member. This wouldn’t have to involve journalists it could just be a few lads having more of an informal chat with that particular person. 

I think its a much better option of the weekly thursday rubbish with the same questions each time. I know there was a podcast called the owls sanctuary. It was a good laugh but the guests were players of years gone by. We need to focus on the present rather than 25/30 years ago.

Sounds like a good idea, I'd definitely give that a listen. 

Guest timrud

This is a discussion board where people have different opinions - and it is fine to do so.

Certain people might think we've got some fantastic writers in the media, others will think in recent times we've had a poor crop.

One thing I've seen is certain people, and Rob Staton springs to mind but there are others, had a particularly poor relationship with the club that saw them being cut out of the information circle very effectively. Doom has repaired that a little, to his credit.

At the moment it is dry as toast for things to write about.

The writers are doing a job and it is their job to write something that gets read. Which can lead to overly negative or agenda driven articles. So it's no surprise they are not held in high regard.

Guest struckanerve

Decent addition on a free, but as with many players whose main asset is pace, their final ball is mediocre. Not sure there is anything you can do about that, not really possible to train an established player to cross like Waddle.