Kadeem Harris gets the Dom Howson treatment

Screenshot 2020-05-24 at 11.48.04.jpg

Dom Howson has taken a look at Kadeem Harris' most recent form and asks what factors are playing a part in his lack of goals and assists

Harris's form has ebbed and flowed like the rest of the team.

The 26-year-old has made 34 league appearances but is without a goal since November and his last assist came in December.

Full article 👉 Click Here

Owlstalk Shop

Think we wasted a wonderful opportunity this season.

We had four excellent wingers for a 442 or wide players for our 433 - Harris, Reach, Forestieri, Reach. That’s a staggering foursome for two positions. 

Monk played Harris far too often. Wingers need that element of surprise, but Harris played virtually every minute of every game for months. Opposing managers knew exactly what was coming and soon nullified his very real threat.

I wanted to see the four alternated. I wanted to see Reach more on the left. I wanted to see Forestieri used out there, when fit.

I think Kadeem is a terrific player at this level, but next season I hope we see less of him and more variety used, including switching wingers or wings mid-match.

He’s a good player.

But he’s not good enough to be replied upon as a teams only outlet for pace and trickery. 

This combined with quite obvious physical fatigue (I don’t think Harris has ever been the most reliable physically which is what cost him at Cardiff) lead to a down turn in his productivity. 

Onece other teams started doubling up on Harris his effectiveness waned. We should have taken advantage on the other wing but Murphy didn't start well and Reach was mediocre. 

Give Harris the ball early, have mobile fast forwards and a threat on the other wing and things will improve. Murphy came good after Christmas but by then Harris's confidence had gone.

Harris did start coming inside more often and having a go himself which didn't do him any favours.

26 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Think we wasted a wonderful opportunity this season.

We had four excellent wingers for a 442 or wide players for our 433 - Harris, Reach, Forestieri, Reach. That’s a staggering foursome for two positions. 

Monk played Harris far too often. Wingers need that element of surprise, but Harris played virtually every minute of every game for months. Opposing managers knew exactly what was coming and soon nullified his very real threat.

I wanted to see the four alternated. I wanted to see Reach more on the left. I wanted to see Forestieri used out there, when fit.

I think Kadeem is a terrific player at this level, but next season I hope we see less of him and more variety used, including switching wingers or wings mid-match.

FF as been available for an handful of games max...reach had been injured for a large part of the season also. 

1 hour ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Hardly an article; more a rambling collection of obvious statements. Two minutes of my life I will never get back.

100% are there any half decent journalists who cover Sheffield Wednesday, can't remember the last thing I read which wasn't something I could do, honestly just paragraph after paragraph of stating the obvious and waffle.

1 minute ago, Andrew_Owl said:

100% are there any half decent journalists who cover Sheffield Wednesday, can't remember the last thing I read which wasn't something I could do, honestly just paragraph after paragraph of stating the obvious and waffle.

What would you like them to write mate?

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

What would you like them to write mate?

Something decent, not just stating of the obvious and waffling, they get paid decent money (not megabucks I know) but they just churn article after article out with no professional pride.

Admittedly he had a shocker against Derby.

But he is a 2nd division winger and he’s hardly played any football in the last few years. He’s played as many Championship minutes for us this season as he did in 7 years at Cardiff.

His loss of form shouldn’t come as a surprise atall. 

1 minute ago, NeonLeon said:

Admittedly he had a shocker against Derby.

But he is a 2nd division winger and he’s hardly played any football in the last few years. He’s played as many Championship minutes for us this season as he did in 7 years at Cardiff.

His loss of form shouldn’t come as a surprise atall. 

Hopefully after this rest he's had he starts again like he started this season, on fire.

1 minute ago, Andrew_Owl said:

Hopefully after this rest he's had he starts again like he started this season, on fire.

Wingers, like Strikers, are confidence players. It’s not surprise his form dropped to coincide with the teams drop in form and ultimately results.

Think of the brilliant wingers we’ve had over the years like Brunt, Antonio etc. they all had rough spells. 

Harris wasn’t signed as the finished article or someone using us a stepping stone to greater things. He signed because he’s hardly had a kick in his career and he wants to make a name for himself. Next season is the one to judge. 

Just now, Andrew_Owl said:

You're just whingeing though mate

Just saying 'everything is rubbish' doesn't help anything at all

The local journalists and writers read the site so will be reading this

What specifically do you want them to be writing?

Have you got any examples you can show us of great writing? 

Any writers out there that you like reading?

What topics would you like them to write about?

Owlstalk Shop