Glenn Loovens calls for stability

AC0B1CF9-884E-4086-B242-4D98A8A7C195.jpeg

Good article from Dom Howson again today interviewing Glenn Loovens how says the club needs stability and not another change of manager 

He also mentions that he felt bad for Chansiri when we didn’t manage to get promotion as Chansiri had given everything to go for it

He also says Chansiri loves his volleyball..

"He [Chansiri] didn't know a lot about football before he bought the club," said Loovens, who called time on his stellar playing career last year. "He told us one time that his favourite sport was volleyball!

full article here 👉 https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-stability-loovens-chansiri-18299309

Owlstalk Shop

Stability is the key. Problem is Monk is not the man for stability. You have to

have a long term plan. Monks never been

anywhere long term. His football is dyer. He is a liar. He’s stubborn and unliked. 

The next appointment is key. And I think Loovens should be part of the next appointments team. 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

eh??

Listen to his interviews he lies. 

I can’t talk about the underlying issues. Then Chansiri gets asked and he says you have to ask the manager.

We weren’t any better before Xmas with Hutchinson and Westwood in the team.

We were 3rd and Hutchinson played 18 of the 23 games. 

I’ve picked up on loads of stuff that he says that’s untrue. He’s covering his back for his failings. Yes he’s not alone in the blame for the mess but he is a big part of it and rather than admit it he’ll bend the truth.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I can’t talk about the underlying issues. 

I’ve picked up on loads of stuff that he says that’s untrue. He’s covering his back for his failings. Yes he’s not alone in the blame for the mess but he is a big part of it and rather than admit it he’ll bend the truth.

"I can't talk about the underlying issues" - that's not a lie though is it?

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I can’t talk about the underlying issues. Then Chansiri gets asked and he says you have to ask the manager.

That’s a bit strong mate! You may not agree with everything he says but I have never got the feeling he lies in his interviews.

5 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

It is when Chansiri tells Dom Howson he can. 

He doesn’t mean he can’t because Chansiri won’t let him. He means he can’t because he’d never get a job in football again. 

2 minutes ago, DirtyLeedsOwl said:

That’s a bit strong mate! You may not agree with everything he says but I have never got the feeling he lies in his interviews.

Okay then rather than give explanations of things he falsifies facts to hide mask the fact he isn’t good enough and for whatever reason the players won’t play for him.

Lie might be strong but when he bleets our lines which are simply not true it really annoys me as a fan and someone who cares.

’The players not involved cannot be relied on’ Sam Hutchinson started 18 or 23 games up to Xmas.

’The results weren’t any better with them in the team’ we were 3rd at Xmas with Hutch playing the above games.

’I can’t talk about the underlying issues’ Chansiri then says to Dom ask the manager about the underlying issues.

Just now, Dutch McLovin said:

We’ll have to disagree.

There's no disagreeing mate - Monk hasn't lied but for some odd reason you've gone off the deep end on this one and claimed he is a liar?

lol

You can't just call someone a liar without anything to back it up.

I've asked you to back it up. You haven't.

I really dont' think calling him a liar is fair or right at all.

Owlstalk Shop

The stability thing only gets raised when the team fails to deliver. There wasn't much questioning of stability when DC sacked Gray and appointed CC. Some sadness and felling a bit sorry for Gray, but that was it.

Clearly the team doing well suppresses any talk of stability - it's then called inspirational manager choice decisions.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

There's no disagreeing mate - Monk hasn't lied but for some odd reason you've gone off the deep end on this one and claimed he is a liar?

lol

You can't just call someone a liar without anything to back it up.

I've asked you to back it up. You haven't.

I really dont' think calling him a liar is fair or right at all.

Have you read my posts ?!

Ive proven he has lied. Spouting incorrect facts is lying.

he is a liar 

Just now, Dutch McLovin said:

Have you read my posts ?!

Ive proven he has lied. Spouting incorrect facts is lying.

he is a liar 

I've read your posts

I've not seen one shred of evidence from you that proves he has lied about anything

Owlstalk Shop

Monk’s track record doesn’t scream stability. On one hand you could argue we haven’t had managerial stability under Chansiri as the contract situation for each manager he’s had seems to be reviewed at the end of the season?

A lot depends on the way forward for me, do we carry on recruiting the type of players that we have for the most part during his reign. Players with mainly championship experience who are between 25-30 or go the opposite way? Players between 18-24 with little or no championship experience? We go down this route then we arguably need more stability in the managers chair and possibly we could only attract a manager with next to no championship pedigree?

Just now, Great Big Galaa said:

Players between 18-24 with little or no championship experience? We go down this route then we arguably need more stability in the managers chair and possibly we could only attract a manager with next to no championship pedigree?

Can you imagine the crowd at Hillsborough if the young players don't do very well at first?

Christ...

Which managers are out there that can cope with THAT scenario? Of developing young players and toughening them up to play in front of our fans?

Owlstalk Shop