Screenshot 2020-05-22 at 21.09.29.jpg

Carlos has been chatting to Dom Howson about his time at Sheffield Wednesday and again starts bleating on about how he could have turned it around in his final season with us..

Yeah... COURSE you could Carlos 🤪

"In the first year, I had an opportunity to go to the Premier League but I said no and that I wanted to stay at Sheffield Wednesday.

"In the second season, I also had very good proposals to go to Championship clubs with more money and I said 'no, I want to stay at Sheffield Wednesday because of the chairman, the players and the fans.' I was very clear...I wanted to stay because I felt like I could do something and we could get promoted.

"But I felt a bit of pain because the moment that I needed the fans and the people to help me...I had seven or eight players out of the squad and the people turned their backs to me at that moment."

Full article here 👉https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-carlos-carvalhal-frustration-18298414

Bet you £20 he couldn’t. 

• Haha 6

Neil, do you really live in Poland?

Also, course he's going to say that. 

2 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

Also, course he's going to say that. 

Yeah but does he honestly really think people will say 'yeah Carlos, we know. It was terrible timing to let you go just as you were turning it all around'?

lol

but IF it wasnt for the injuires..... what do you think? A lack luster 10th place? 

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah but does he honestly really think people will say 'yeah Carlos, we know. It was terrible timing to let you go just as you were turning it all around'?

lol

What was terrible was the fact we kept him a season too long.

He's coming back isn't he?

:bullen:

In my opinion the reason we had so many injuries was because the players were totally unfit. Like him or loathe him Jos was correct on identifying that straight away when he took over. 

• Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We all did

Nice bloke

Off his rocker and lost the plot though

Not a dog shagger then? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In hindsight, we should've kept him on. Letting him go and appointing Lukuhay was the first big footballing mistake Chansiri made. Bruce aside, It's been downhill ever since.

• Haha 1

Just now, Great Big Galaa said:

In hindsight, we should've kept him on. Letting him go and appointing Lukuhay was the first big footballing mistake Chansiri made. Bruce aside, It's been downhill ever since.

Disagree. We kept him on 6 months too long. Was obvious from Huddersfield game in play offs and games leading up to it things had gone stale. 

Carlos Carvahaul CV also showed he wasn't a team builder.

9 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

He should have been given his p45 after the Uddersfield play off shambles. 

He's wrong, but bless his little cottons anyway. Fletcher missed the remainder of season, Lee & Hooper out for over a year, Forestieri out for months also and since shown no form, and by Carlos' own admission on departure he couldn't motivate peripheral players. There's no way he could have recovered our season the way he describes. He's brushing his ego. 

He’s just trying to remind everyone that he’s available 

He is the Arthur Daly of football management.

We were just missing Terence.

• Haha 2

After reading that I suddenly feel bad about moaning about our humiliation at the hands of the pigs at Hillsborough, especially as Carlos really needed us then.

I suspect plenty of fans like me will be doing a fair bit of soul searching tonight.:duntmatter:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

23 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

The first big footballing mistake Chansiri made was giving him the job in the first place.

Plenty if managers could’ve done what he did with the level of backing he had.

It’s been downhill ever since our problems with FFP started.

• Haha 1

I’d have him back.,,,,,,,over the current coach. 

• Haha 2