Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Ouch. Think life had peaked in April leading upto Wembley.

 

I can’t bare to watch any of the matches back just knowing how’s it’s all turned out. What a great time to support this club - fans immense.
 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just imagine...…………………. if you had tapped one of those guys on the shoulder and said "In 4 years time Wednesday would be mid table in the championship , shipping 5 goals at home to Blackburn Rovers , Nuhiu still trundling around up front , Forestieri, Westwood and Hutchinson in the reserves, our first choice full backs are Palmer and Fox (with some sections of Owlstalk wanting Fox to be player of the year) oh...…………..and the blunts are in the top six in the PL.

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sheriwozgod said:

Just imagine...…………………. if you had tapped one of those guys on the shoulder and said "In 4 years time Wednesday would be mid table in the championship , shipping 5 goals at home to Blackburn Rovers , Nuhiu still trundling around up front , Forestieri, Westwood and Hutchinson in the reserves, our first choice full backs are Palmer and Fox (with some sections of Owlstalk wanting Fox to be player of the year) oh...…………..and the blunts are in the top six in the PL.

 

14 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Ouch. Think life had peaked in April leading upto Wembley.

 

I can’t bare to watch any of the matches back just knowing how’s it’s all turned out. What a great time to support this club - fans immense.
 

 

 

So flipping close and we are now further away than ever.

 

Typical f*cking Wednesday.

 

Two years of a an actual promotion push in 20 seasons is a damning stat.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best season I’ve had supporting us, the atmosphere amongst the fans was incredible. Just wish it could be like that all the time. Not just when we’re doing well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best season in so many years. So far away from that now. This flippingclub :-(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Times of lower expectation too but that made it all the better.

 

What might have been but its gone now.

 

Mind you, it hasn't turned out too well for Hull either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That game against Brighton in the playoff, i thought the sky was the limit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

Just imagine...…………………. if you had tapped one of those guys on the shoulder and said "In 4 years time Wednesday would be mid table in the championship , shipping 5 goals at home to Blackburn Rovers , Nuhiu still trundling around up front , Forestieri, Westwood and Hutchinson in the reserves, our first choice full backs are Palmer and Fox (with some sections of Owlstalk wanting Fox to be player of the year) oh...…………..and the blunts are in the top six in the PL.

 

Which, looking at it the other way, is a great reason to keep believing that things can turn around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

 

 

So flipping close and we are now further away than ever.

 

Typical f*cking Wednesday.

 

Two years of a an actual promotion push in 20 seasons is a damning stat.

 

 

 

We've turned into one of those nondescript clubs that never do owt, such as Bristol City.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, struckanerve said:

 

We've turned into one of those nondescript clubs that never do owt, such as Bristol City.

We're well behind bristol city as things stand. 

Let that sink in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even Bristol rovers!!!

1 hour ago, sage owl said:

We're well behind bristol city as things stand. 

Let that sink in. 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

Just imagine...…………………. if you had tapped one of those guys on the shoulder and said "In 4 years time Wednesday would be mid table in the championship , shipping 5 goals at home to Blackburn Rovers , Nuhiu still trundling around up front , Forestieri, Westwood and Hutchinson in the reserves, our first choice full backs are Palmer and Fox (with some sections of Owlstalk wanting Fox to be player of the year) oh...…………..and the blunts are in the top six in the PL.

It’s a funny ole game , someone once said . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

Forestieri, Westwood and Hutchinson in the reserves

 

Wow, this must mean we improved the squad, right? RIGHT!? 

 

:duntmatter:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, devonshire owl said:

I thought we played it on the 30th may.might be wrong.

Saturday 28th 5pm kick-off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bulldog said:

Saturday 28th 5pm kick-off

So we're a week early with this post !!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The biggest damp squid in the history of damp squid events.

Had it not been for Westwood that day we would have been served our arses on a plate.

What it did was highlight what was needed to achieve promotion and this was completely ignored and the rest is history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, devonshire owl said:

So we're a week early with this post !!

I didn't want to be the one to point that out! :biggrin: Just for a bit of useless info, we played on the Saturday as it was the Euros in 2016. The Championship final is played on the Monday one year and the Saturday on the next i.e.It's on a Saturday every other year due to the Euros or the World cup. (So it presents Championship players with an extra 48 hours to prepare to play for their respective country........Honest :ph34r:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...