Chris Waddle on football finishing this season

Unfortunately Sir Chris of the 93rd Waddle clan, money is the new religion. The lives, health and safety of people just gets in its way.

(maybe not the new religion, but its certainly more important to some than life)

Edited by ChapSmurf

27 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

Unfortunately Sir Chris of the 93rd Waddle clan, money is the new religion. The lives, health and safety of people just gets in its way.

(maybe not the new religion, but its certainly more important to some than life)

Has been that way since the Wicked witch of Grantham and her acolytes came on the scene.:angry:

But the public accept it, even when the Public services are being pummelled while the top dogs get the benefits.

Rant over

2 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Has been that way since the Wicked witch of Grantham and her acolytes came on the scene.:angry:

But the public accept it, even when the Public services are being pummelled while the top dogs get the benefits.

Rant over

It has, you're right. I did correct myself after I posted. It's been like this for millennia. Nothing changes except the fact that the masses can complain about it quicker.

52 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Rant over

makes you wonder why subsequent Labour governments didn't change it then?

• Haha 1

Guest struckanerve
4 hours ago, Ian said:

makes you wonder why subsequent Labour governments didn't change it then?

The proper one's had to fight vs elements of Mi5 and the establishment, and the recent one's were sock puppets of the establishments and not Labour.

So sad that it’s ALL about the money now in football and has been since the introduction of the PL which has since spiralled WAY beyond anyone’s control.

If it wasn’t about the money then this season would fave been over for ALL English football already and the focus been on getting everything in place properly for the season to start again as normal in August (albeit with empty stadia for a time).

Having one rule for lower leagues and different ones for those where the money is stinks of hypocrisy.

the thing is chris this is the world we live in ,without money everything goes bust like whats starting to happen a lot in business already . what do you suggest? asking all footballers to agree to zero money until football resumes when tv companies get a product there paying for and the paying public too?. the likes of troy deeney don't want to play well that's fine but why the hell should they get paid disgusting amounts of money when there is no incoming money to pay them. I find it laughable that healthy footballers consider themselves at risk ,they want to try been a firefighter , in a covid ward, going up trees with chainsaws etc there at risk not bloody you. 

6 hours ago, handworth52 said:

the thing is chris this is the world we live in ,without money everything goes bust like whats starting to happen a lot in business already . what do you suggest? asking all footballers to agree to zero money until football resumes when tv companies get a product there paying for and the paying public too?. the likes of troy deeney don't want to play well that's fine but why the hell should they get paid disgusting amounts of money when there is no incoming money to pay them. I find it laughable that healthy footballers consider themselves at risk ,they want to try been a firefighter , in a covid ward, going up trees with chainsaws etc there at risk not bloody you. 

Im not sure the at risk thing is mutually exclusive...….Also be interesting to see the stats on risk between a BAME footballer like Troy Deeney and a white gardener

8 hours ago, Pulsar said:

Neil!

Tell em!

There going on about politics in the non politics section again ffs!

As with the Nigel Clough story in this section.it is OK because Roy Hattersley & David Blunkett  are  Wednesday fans...............so not an issue 

16 hours ago, the mighty wednesday said:

They brought waiting lists down.

Yep, and put em in corridors...out of ambulance sharpish, or saw a consultant reyt quick and told to come back in 3- months.

Or retirement age first thought of by the tories in the mid 90's...blair then brown, in fact no labour mp grumbled until corbyn's last lie/  throw of the dice before last election.

Fooook the tories, foook labour...and the lib liars..

They all pissss in the same pot.

16 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

According to economists the economy will recover.

According to scientists, dead people won't.

bit of a silly statement that. according to nhs there are only 9000 in covid wards now and around 8% capacity , the only 1 thing guaranteed in life is life and then you die apart from that everything else is opinions . unfortunately there are a lot of horrible illnesses and one day it will happen to all of us hopefully once we reach a good age .  regarding the economy and I don't mean a fat cat billionaire cause I hope they all go bust ,I mean the average man/woman if you cant see the absolute catastrophic damage this is going to do , all this freezing mortgages ,loans ,rent ,delaying it ,furloughed workers ,free grants once all that comes to an end then the winter of hell will approach . I don't know what economist can predict none of this will happen they must be snorting coke or sumut.