Sign in to follow this  
darra

F A cup final would've played been tomorrow

Suppose it shows how little its thought of these days. Not seen any discussions anywhere about whether the matches should be played or not.and if they were when.

47 minutes ago, darra said:

Suppose it shows how little its thought of these days. Not seen any discussions anywhere about whether the matches should be played or not.and if they were when.

Have been watching old Cup Finals on Pathe News (63, 67, 58 etc).  Most of the commentators remark that the Cup Final is more imporrtant thaN THE League Championship, even than most internationals!

The FA Cup is going the same way as the League Cup. Premiership clubs just not interested, more important to finish 4th bottom on goal average, or 4th and qualify for Europe. Thing is, when you're in your 80's and chatting with other fans no one is going to say "EEE, Do you remember that season thirty years ago when we finished 4th from bottom of the league, the drama, the romance, the excitement"

It wouldn’t actually take that much to make the FA cup feel prestigious again. A bit of marketing and change peoples mind sets. 

Strangely, I used to think that winning the league held far greater importance than winning in Europe. At least a team could say that they had been consistent throughout the course of a whole season. Maybe it’s me who is wrong but there has been a definite shift in the last 20 years or so. 

I think this is mainly down to the rebranding and marketing that has gone into promoting the UCL. (And to a lesser extent Liverpool FC) 

Apparently there are other countries who are envious of the FA Cup. Maybe we should make more of it 

Offer a Champions League spot to the winner and it gets its lustre back.

All comes down to money 

The prize money for winning wouldn't cover Norwich players wages never mind the 'big boys' 

Finshing 17th is more rewarding than lifting the fa cup

Back in the 90s they was a full week dedicated to the final and you got a real buzz, even if it wasn't your team in the final

Now it's stupid kickoff times and even premier league games get played on the same day 

The fa Cup lost its magic years ago 

And Liverpools Complete disrespect for it this year is the nail on it for me 

If you asked every premier league club and every championship club if they wanted to scrap the Cup 

95% would say yes 

It's a unwanted destraction 

Think we’d have won it 🥳