Players had covid19 test today

How often are they going to be tested.

As I understand it you can have a test one day that shows you haven’t got it.

Then catch it the next day and wander around infecting folk for 7/10 days before you get symptoms.

I see big problems if they’re not tested every 2 or 3 days.

Also they can’t socially distance if / when they start playing for real either.. With the upcoming contact tracing system, if one player from a game tests positive both squads will go into quarantine along with coaches and trainers.

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

Because he did have it then. And nobody's sure whether having it once gives you immunity in future.

I've had it and last week got tested and was clear. And, got over it in three weeks. 

22 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Will the results be announced Soccer Saturday style?

Jim White will be hosting a three hour live programme with reporters at every club. He will be wearing his yellow tie, and there will be a big clock counting down in the studio. 

• Haha 1

I find this entirely distasteful 

My Brother is a Paramedic working on his Ambulance every day and he's had 1 test so far ( thankfully negative ) and struggled to get that yet Football can apparently at will get 1000s of tests done weekly just over money 

End the season void it now and get Football back when its safe with fans if the German scenario has shown anything it is that Football played in empty stadiums isn't Football worth having 

4 hours ago, Dizzys Dad said:

Apparently if you test positive, you’ll always test positive in further testing.

No you don’t. You’ll get positive, negative or inconclusive. If you’ve tested positive and retake a test further down the line you shouldn’t test positive. Unless you’re on about the antibody test, which will confirm if you’ve had it. 

4 hours ago, Dizzys Dad said:

Apparently if you test positive, you’ll always test positive in further testing.

Not true.

If it's the swab test that test's if you've got it now. Once you get over it you don't have the virus in your system so it won't give a positive result.

If it's the antibody test it shows if you have antibodies in your blood that fought the infection. That should show if you've had it but, big but, some people who have had it in a mild form don't develop antibodies or they fade away after a couple or three months.

I can explain why but it's a bit heavy unless you really want to know.

3 hours ago, Howards back said:

Does that mean if we have a test and it’s positive we can’t catch it?

No, Well maybe.

Most of the tests for antibodies used so far have been rubbish. some are only 70% accurate so  you get false positives and false negatives. You don't really know if you personally really have had it. Statisticians can allow for the inaccuracy if they do a lot of tests but at the individual level at best you are likely to have had it.

There is a new test produced by the Swiss company Roche which is supposed to be highly accurate but you can't get one if you are an ordinary person. They will start using them on NHS staff soon.

Nobody knows if you get immunity if you catch it. It's too early to know. Best guess is you probably do but nobody knows how long it will last for.