Jump to content
ANDY

Players had covid19 test today

Recommended Posts

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Winnall's already had it, so if his comes back positive it'll open up a huge scientific can of worms. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will the results be announced Soccer Saturday style?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, alanharper said:

Winnall's already had it, so if his comes back positive it'll open up a huge scientific can of worms. 

Totally forgot about him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Winnall's already had it, so if his comes back positive it'll open up a huge scientific can of worms. 

 

 

Why ?

 

That test proved he didnt have it then.

 

if this comes back positive he's caught it in between tests

 

if negative then carry on ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ANDY said:

 

 

Why ?

 

That test proved he didnt have it then.

 

if this comes back positive he's caught it in between tests

 

if negative then carry on ...

 

Because he did have it then. And nobody's sure whether having it once gives you immunity in future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I don't understand this testing business. If its positive does that mean you've got it or you've had it ? and if its not 100% accurate its pointless.

and as post the above post no one knows if you can get again. 

Edited by Frazzlebeak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, alanharper said:

 

Because he did have it then. And nobody's sure whether having it once gives you immunity in future.

 

 

 

Ahhh

 

I didnt realise he'd tested positive

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Frazzlebeak said:

I don't understand this testing business. If its positive does that mean you've got it or you've had it ? and if its not 100% accurate its pointless.

and as post the above post no one knows if you can get again. 

 

There are two different types of tests. One is to determine if you currently have it, although there are two versions of this. An instant one delivers it's result within a few minutes but is not entirely reliable. The one the players are using needs a sample to be sent away to a lab which apparently takes about 24 hours. It's conclusive as far as I know, but obviously doesn't guarantee that you didn't contract the virus in the intervening period.

 

The other type is looking for the antibodies produced due to prior infection and so essentially confirms you had it previously. However, it is not known if this grants you future immunity. The best guess at the moment from similar viruses is that you probably cannot get it again for about three months. After that; no one knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just end the bloody season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

 

There are two different types of tests. One is to determine if you currently have it, although there are two versions of this. An instant one delivers it's result within a few minutes but is not entirely reliable. The one the players are using needs a sample to be sent away to a lab which apparently takes about 24 hours. It's conclusive as far as I know, but obviously doesn't guarantee that you didn't contract the virus in the intervening period.

 

The other type is looking for the antibodies produced due to prior infection and so essentially confirms you had it previously. However, it is not known if this grants you future immunity. The best guess at the moment from similar viruses is that you probably cannot get it again for about three months. After that; no one knows.

Thanks for that because I was struggling to see the point if testing. 👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Freakin' ell...I'd watch it live....Owt!!..honest I'm bored witless

We could take the P as it happens...

If for instance Joey is tested positve,,,,he's gonna pass it straight to Bannan...If Tom lees has it...we're pretty much all safe

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

 

There are two different types of tests. One is to determine if you currently have it, although there are two versions of this. An instant one delivers it's result within a few minutes but is not entirely reliable. The one the players are using needs a sample to be sent away to a lab which apparently takes about 24 hours. It's conclusive as far as I know, but obviously doesn't guarantee that you didn't contract the virus in the intervening period.

 

The other type is looking for the antibodies produced due to prior infection and so essentially confirms you had it previously. However, it is not known if this grants you future immunity. The best guess at the moment from similar viruses is that you probably cannot get it again for about three months. After that; no one knows.

 

The third test, and the one appropriate here is to see if the players have heard of it. Not sure about Dawson but I reckon Börner will be on the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bring Ola Tidman back...he'll never catch it

Coln West would pass it onto the Kop

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, asteener1867 said:

Bring Ola Tidman back...he'll never catch it

Coln West would pass it onto the Kop

 

It would break Leon Clarke’s foot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Bring Ola Tidman back...he'll never catch it

Coln West would pass it onto the Kop

 

It would just "fly by" Beswetherick 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reach would avoid it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mick Lyons would take it full in the face and not even flinch. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Abdi would be the only one with PPE

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Bring Ola Tidman back...he'll never catch it

Coln West would pass it onto the Kop

Get yer gate level. Ffs

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...