Well done Matt Penney !

5 hours ago, 360wiseowl said:

Doubt anyone will get a high wage whilst chansiri still here. Some people really can’t see what’s happening 

I would think that any player getting offered a new contract would be snatching the pen out of his hand to sign it …...

I watched every game Penney played for St Pauli this season. And in mine (although probably biased opinion) he did really well. They are quite a poor side and Penney run himself to the ground each game.

Fact is that he is perfectly suited to play that role at our level. He can get up and down the pitch for 90 minutes, is quick, got a silky touch and cultured left foot. He just needs a manager to help him out a bit.

It is a Wednesday's failure that a 22 years old he got so little first team experience.

I know he is a mad Wednesday fan and I'm quite sure he will sign with us if he get decent offer.

It was a cracking goal!

That season, playing games will do him the world of good.

There is a player in there, I think he .was ruined by being moved around the pitch (ironically) by Jos in his time here. Had he been kept at LB think he would have not lost confidence and form being moved to being a winger and bizarrely in one game as I recall a forward!?

Expect. him and Fox to re-sign and battle it out for the LB spot. Opportunity is there for him to be a regular starter.

12 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

No brainer. Young, lots of potential and won’t be a big contract. I would be happy with Fox and Penney as our left back options next season. 

Yes, both decent options to have for a championship club

I really liked what I saw of Penney for us (haven't seen him play for St Pauli). Would like to see him get a run of games next season - or possibly even a handful of games this season, as expect the German league will finish a month before ours (if we do finish!)

Guest LondonOwl313

He started really well at Wednesday, can remember one of the Sky games where they had the players ranked in various categories and he was number 1 in a few of them. He then faded a bit which isn’t unusual.. wonder why he left last August because we didn’t have a manager at the time. I’d give him another year but it really has to be his breakthrough year at his age or he’ll be dropping down the leagues

On 22/05/2020 at 23:51, malek said:

I watched every game Penney played for St Pauli this season. And in mine (although probably biased opinion) he did really well. They are quite a poor side and Penney run himself to the ground each game.

Fact is that he is perfectly suited to play that role at our level. He can get up and down the pitch for 90 minutes, is quick, got a silky touch and cultured left foot. He just needs a manager to help him out a bit.

It is a Wednesday's failure that a 22 years old he got so little first team experience.

I know he is a mad Wednesday fan and I'm quite sure he will sign with us if he get decent offer.

Agreed they are a much better side with

him playing. Should be our left back

next year without a doubt. 

On 22/05/2020 at 23:51, malek said:

t is a Wednesday's failure that a 22 years old he got so little first team experience.

He ain’t been good enough here that’s why he’s on loan and that’s why he hasn’t been given the experience. If he was that good and ready he would have been playing 

On 22/05/2020 at 22:48, 360wiseowl said:

Doubt anyone will get a high wage whilst chansiri still here. Some people really can’t see what’s happening 

On 22/05/2020 at 22:48, 360wiseowl said:

Would you care to share it with class?