Well done Matt Penney !

12 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Had some decent games for us, he was quality at villa away. 

Wasn’t he just, maybe like a lot of youngsters, he can be a bit inconsistent, but I think he’s easily good enough to be one of our left side options

he has only made 13 appearances all season for a lower mid table German 2nd division side. it's hardly the sign for being the answer to our problems

I watched the St Pauli game last Sunday and the standard wasn't great. St Pauli really should have been loosing a half time but managed to hold on. Their opponents then had the goalie sent off and then Penney was pretty much immediately subbed off

even with my blue and white specs on Penney was hardly involved and when he did get forward his distribution was poor as best

This goal aside, from reading the reviews on here it suggests his performances have been average at best. I think we should have sent him on loan to somewhere local like Rotherham or Doncaster Rovers. It would have been a better way for the club to judge his competence in English football and thus his potential to compete regularly for a spot in our side. 

I still think we should give him a chance though. He’s relatively young, he wouldn’t demand high wages so from a financial perspective it’s a no brainer. However, given the repeated financial misjudgments   under DC’s reign we will probably end up releasing him and spending 5m on a 28/29 yr old whose been doing the rounds in Europe. 

28 minutes ago, 360wiseowl said:

Always one but your opinion. I for one hope he stays at St Pauli lol

They play tomorrow away at Darmstadt, so if I'm home i'll try and catch some of the match

I really was hoping he'd have a good game and standout but unfortunately he didn't. Average at best

Maybe Jos's non attacking tactics aren't really helping 

34 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

They play tomorrow away at Darmstadt, so if I'm home i'll try and catch some of the match

I really was hoping he'd have a good game and standout but unfortunately he didn't. Average at best

Maybe Jos's non attacking tactics aren't really helping 

Then Monk’s certainly won’t 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yeadonowl said:

he has only made 13 appearances all season for a lower mid table German 2nd division side. it's hardly the sign for being the answer to our problems

I watched the St Pauli game last Sunday and the standard wasn't great. St Pauli really should have been loosing a half time but managed to hold on. Their opponents then had the goalie sent off and then Penney was pretty much immediately subbed off

even with my blue and white specs on Penney was hardly involved and when he did get forward his distribution was poor as best

They had their goalie sent off and Jos probably stuck on 2 defenders and went to 5 at the back to hang on 

Considering our uncertain future, potential points deductions or relegation to league 1, we’d be daft not to offer Penney a new contract. He’d be good enough for league 1 and the likes of him, Urhoghide, Hunt may be our future if we are on a limited budget