Jump to content

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Really would like to see this guy offered a new contract


Had some decent games for us, he was quality at villa away. 

Edited by Kanye West
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Kanye West said:


Had some decent games for us, he was quality at villa away. 

Wasn’t he just, maybe like a lot of youngsters, he can be a bit inconsistent, but I think he’s easily good enough to be one of our left side options

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:


In front of 50k in the Hamburg Derby to secure the three points?

Yeah but goal of the season is generally the most spectacular, not the most important.

Link to post
Share on other sites

he has only made 13 appearances all season for a lower mid table German 2nd division side. it's hardly the sign for being the answer to our problems

 

I watched the St Pauli game last Sunday and the standard wasn't great. St Pauli really should have been loosing a half time but managed to hold on. Their opponents then had the goalie sent off and then Penney was pretty much immediately subbed off

 

even with my blue and white specs on Penney was hardly involved and when he did get forward his distribution was poor as best

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, agentwalker said:

well done Matt.

but if that's been voted goal of the season their division must be well poor

 

It’s the goal of the season so far and an absolute cracker in a derby game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This goal aside, from reading the reviews on here it suggests his performances have been average at best. I think we should have sent him on loan to somewhere local like Rotherham or Doncaster Rovers. It would have been a better way for the club to judge his competence in English football and thus his potential to compete regularly for a spot in our side. 
 

I still think we should give him a chance though. He’s relatively young, he wouldn’t demand high wages so from a financial perspective it’s a no brainer. However, given the repeated financial misjudgments   under DC’s reign we will probably end up releasing him and spending 5m on a 28/29 yr old whose been doing the rounds in Europe. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, 360wiseowl said:

Always one but your opinion. I for one hope he stays at St Pauli lol

They play tomorrow away at Darmstadt, so if I'm home i'll try and catch some of the match

 

I really was hoping he'd have a good game and standout but unfortunately he didn't. Average at best

 

Maybe Jos's non attacking tactics aren't really helping 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

They play tomorrow away at Darmstadt, so if I'm home i'll try and catch some of the match

 

I really was hoping he'd have a good game and standout but unfortunately he didn't. Average at best

 

Maybe Jos's non attacking tactics aren't really helping 

Then Monk’s certainly won’t 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, yeadonowl said:

he has only made 13 appearances all season for a lower mid table German 2nd division side. it's hardly the sign for being the answer to our problems

 

I watched the St Pauli game last Sunday and the standard wasn't great. St Pauli really should have been loosing a half time but managed to hold on. Their opponents then had the goalie sent off and then Penney was pretty much immediately subbed off

 

even with my blue and white specs on Penney was hardly involved and when he did get forward his distribution was poor as best

They had their goalie sent off and Jos probably stuck on 2 defenders and went to 5 at the back to hang on 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, agentwalker said:

well done Matt.

but if that's been voted goal of the season their division must be well poor

St Pauli are a better football team than Sheffield Wednesday lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering our uncertain future, potential points deductions or relegation to league 1, we’d be daft not to offer Penney a new contract. He’d be good enough for league 1 and the likes of him, Urhoghide, Hunt may be our future if we are on a limited budget 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...