Sam Hutchinson on 5 Live

Football is about individuals within a team culture. Sam's problems make managers life difficult in terms of consistency. But if he was good enough the managers should find a way. He might not be good enough these days to make the exception.

One thing players have to learn is that life's not fair.

Should have been replaced a few seasons back 

Part of the players who never was good enough to get us promoted but club and some fans just couldn't let go

For the wages Sam gets we can get someone/two players who can offer much more and something our midfield lacks and thats goals 

If a manager is willing to accommodate a player who can't train every day, then fair enough. If they're not, then that's also their prerogative. I can see the arguments either way, to be honest.

If you're one of those players who can't train as regularly as the rest of your colleagues, you're always going to be at the mercy of changing management regimes, I'm afraid.

How the player chooses to respond to that is up to them.

• Like 1

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If a manager is willing to accommodate a player who can't train every day, then fair enough. If they're not, then that's also their prerogative. I can see the arguments either way, to be honest.

If you're one of those players who can't train as regularly as the rest of your colleagues, you're always going to be at the mercy of changing management regimes, I'm afraid.

How the player chooses to respond to that is up to them.

It depends IMO on how good the player is. Hutchinson might not train every day but he’s miles better than Pelupessy who more than likely does? Another example of Monk being totally out of his depth.

Guest LondonOwl313

I don't have a problem with the manager taking the line that they'd prefer players to be available everyday, but at the same time he should still do what's best for the club. If a 3 day a week Hutchinson still performs better on a Saturday afternoon than a 5 day a week Lee or Pelupessy then he has to play. Even if the long term plan is to replace him. Makes no sense at all to exclude players completely... shocking man management

20 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Should have been replaced a few seasons back 

Part of the players who never was good enough to get us promoted but club and some fans just couldn't let go

For the wages Sam gets we can get someone/two players who can offer much more and something our midfield lacks and thats goals 

He was replaced by Joey, sadly he isn’t fit to lace Hutchinsons jockstrap.

Replacing players is fine as long they’re better

1 minute ago, Great Big Galaa said:

It depends IMO on how good the player is. Hutchinson might not train every day but he’s miles better than Pelupessy who more than likely does? Another example of Monk being totally out of his depth.

Without knowing what's gone on behind the scenes, it's hard to draw any conclusions about how the Hutchinson situation might reflect on Monk.

I have no idea what's been said or done, so can't judge the rights and wrongs of it.

Sometimes, no matter how good a player might be, they're better off leaving, as Alex Ferguson was the master of judging.

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Sometimes, no matter how good a player might be, they're better off leaving, as Alex Ferguson was the master of judging.

Ferguson would replace them too with better or equal. We've rather carelessly dumped a player in mid season. 

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Without knowing what's gone on behind the scenes, it's hard to draw any conclusions about how the Hutchinson situation might reflect on Monk.

I have no idea what's been said or done, so can't judge the rights and wrongs of it.

Not all the time. I remember seeing an interview with SAF in which he talked about players. He admitted he made a big mistake getting rid of Jap Staam.

Just now, rickygoo said:

Ferguson would replace them too with better or equal. We've rather carelessly dumped a player in mid season. 

He often would, yes. He did have a few resources to work with, though!

Again, I don't know the ins and outs of why Hutchinson has fallen out of favour, so I can't take it as evidence of Monk being 'out of his depth'.

I'm not saying this is the case in this instance, but sometimes an individual, no matter how talented, needs moving on for the long-term good of an organisation. I've seen it in my own workplace - the most naturally gifted, incredibly hard-working person I ever worked with ended up picking fights with every member of leadership and management, before training their sights on some of their younger up-and-coming colleagues. By the time they were ushered towards the door, they'd become a totally toxic presence who was dragging their team down with them.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

As if relevant information and knowledge is necessary. 

Bluster and shouting is all you need.

:dry:

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Not all the time. I remember seeing an interview with SAF in which he talked about players. He admitted he made a big mistake getting rid of Jap Staam.

Yes, sometimes people make mistakes.

I suppose it's how you learn from them and try to avoid repeating them in the future that really matters.

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

Surely training every day is what is required for first team players. If you can only train a couple of times a week then you arnt in condition to play in the team. 

Always exceptions to that - Paul McGrath, Ledley King, Alan Shearer (towards the end), Michael Owen

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

As if relevant information and knowledge is necessary. 

Bluster and shouting is all you need.

:dry:

Get off the fence and pick a side, you wuss!

Without having a clue who did what or who said what, someone's clearly 100% in the wrong here, so who's it going to be: Monk or Hutchinson?

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1