The Westwood Era

The Wednesday crowd rounded on Westwood for his double error, and they may well in doing so have contributed to the third goal. Booed loudly by his own fans, the defender hesitated on the ball on the right side of the field, and was robbed by Freedman crossed for Smith, who blasted his low shot past Heald, effectively killing the game off on 37 minutes.

Owlstalk Shop

probably the only time ive booed a Wednesday  player was westwood when he committed a needless foul in the last minute against rovrum  and they scored from the free kick …..I'm sure we have had worse centre backs but I doubt any that were more brainless . 

16 minutes ago, torryowl said:

probably the only time ive booed a Wednesday  player was westwood when he committed a needless foul in the last minute against rovrum  and they scored from the free kick …..I'm sure we have had worse centre backs but I doubt any that were more brainless . 

We haven’t had a worse centre back

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Ah them were the days , hammering players shot for confidence and lacking ability to bits . Strange bunch of fans seeing as many on here constantly excused mega bucks crocked wasters like abdi yet batter those for giving it a go 

Westwood gave it a go? 

Jesus, strange way of thinking 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Rogers said:

We haven’t had a worse centre back

We’ve had 2 worse in the same team

I give you Cranson and May

Brannigan deserves a mention as well at an average of 6 goals conceded per game played 

Edited by Ian

1 hour ago, LJY1985 said:

Came across this article online. However bad you think this season went it was never this bad

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/47871.amp/

Too much time on my hands resulted in me watching the season review video of that season (seemingly only produced as mugs like myself were stupid enough to buy it) a couple of weeks ago.

I remember Westwood and Maddix being a frightening combination but I had forgotten how bad they really were until I watched this again. Westwood I think got dropped after this game but was soon back in the side only to gift another goal in an away defeat not long after. 

Remember once I’d started working at one of my first post uni jobs in 2002. While working I got talking to some scouser who was in his 50s about football. I mentioned I was a Wednesday fan and he asked me what I thought about the team. I said we were crap and started slagging a number of players off most notably Ashley Westwood. 

Turns out this bloke was his Dad! Lol. He wasn’t very happy and I just said he wasn’t good enough to be a championship player and a player for us. 

I only worked there a month so it wasn’t that bad afterwards. 

• Haha 7

8 minutes ago, whatdial said:

Remember once I’d started working at one of my first post uni jobs in 2002. While working I got talking to some scouser who was in his 50s about football. I mentioned I was a Wednesday fan and he asked me what I thought about the team. I said we were crap and started slagging a number of players off most notably Ashley Westwood. 

Turns out this bloke was his Dad! Lol. He wasn’t very happy and I just said he wasn’t good enough to be a championship player and a player for us. 

I only worked there a month so it wasn’t that bad afterwards. 

Amazing

lol

3 hours ago, james o connor said:

Ah them were the days , hammering players shot for confidence and lacking ability to bits . Strange bunch of fans seeing as many on here constantly excused mega bucks crocked wasters like abdi yet batter those for giving it a go 

Who excused the wasters