Garry Monk on Sheffield Wednesday targetting new players

11 hours ago, torryowl said:

why aint his hair curly ?...…..

The thing I was looking forward to the most was the comeback of the Beatles’ pudding bowl haircuts. I expected all footballers to return with them. Especially with tariffs being lowered on scissors.

• Haha 1

Guest Mcguigan

Maybe we could exchange thread titles and this one could be Gary Monk opens up on being sacked by Wednesday and the other Trevor Francis on Sheffield Wednesday targeting new players.

I wonder what his contractual position is - I thought he was on a 1yr rolling contract so presumably he'll either be out by September or extend in the next few weeks/months. 

We'd have just finished the season in non-COVID world, so I'd have expected to have seen some news shortly. He shouldn't be discussing in-coming players unless he's going to be at the club next season - whenever that is. I imagine he's in the same position as the players whose contracts expire on 30 June.

• Like 1

Monk should have said:

"I messed up completely after Xmas.

The results and pertformances were a total embarrassment.

I have reflected and I am going to do things very differently moving forward.

There will be no more outcasting of players from now on.

I got it all hopelessly wrong."

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

Maybe we could exchange thread titles and this one could be Gary Monk opens up on being sacked by Wednesday and the other Trevor Francis on Sheffield Wednesday targeting new players.

Francis would probably target players like Jay Bothroyd and Gilles De Bilde

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Mcguigan
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Still do a job?

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

The thing I was looking forward to the most was the comeback of the Beatles’ pudding bowl haircuts. I expected all footballers to return with them. Especially with tariffs being lowered on scissors.

Screenshot_20200522-094532_Gallery.thumb.jpg.0f1906f9625694e5d394a706e2a2f7f6.jpg

• Haha 1

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Enoughs enough!

2 hours ago, Animis said:

I wonder what his contractual position is - I thought he was on a 1yr rolling contract so presumably he'll either be out by September or extend in the next few weeks/months. 

We'd have just finished the season in non-COVID world, so I'd have expected to have seen some news shortly. He shouldn't be discussing in-coming players unless he's going to be at the club next season - whenever that is. I imagine he's in the same position as the players whose contracts expire on 30 June.

I always understood a one year rolling contract to mean at the start of every day he still had 12 months left. Anytime he was fired he would automatically have 12 months left on his contract which would need to be paid up.

Just now, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I always understood a one year rolling contract to mean at the start of every day he still had 12 months left. Anytime he was fired he would automatically have 12 months left on his contract which would need to be paid up.

Yeah pretty much that

Owlstalk Shop

21 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

This has come up a lot lately. Seems a lot don't get it. Even if they are not aware of the concept itself, surely the very term 'rolling' goes some way to explaining what it means?

4 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

This has come up a lot lately. Seems a lot don't get it. Even if they are not aware of the concept itself, surely the very term 'rolling' goes some way to explaining what it means?

You would think so 😊

Actually it's not a bad position for Monk to be in, a guaranteed  severance pay of 1 years salary if he's ever fired.

7 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

You would think so 😊

Actually it's not a bad position for Monk to be in, a guaranteed  severance pay of 1 years salary if he's ever fired.

You can see the benefits for both parties, especially in the extremely transient world of football management.

2 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I don't think so. There has to be a contract commencement date which I think would be around 1st Sept 2019 in his case. There must be a termination clause for both parties, because if not, the contract would essentially be in perpetuity. Unless you're suggesting that it's a 12 month notice period served at anytime.

I understand that the 12 months left element could be for compensation for either side, but a contract must have termination clause contained within.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

You would think so 😊

Sorry - I didn't see this, which answer my point.

Yes, I totally agree with Great Big Galaa.

If DC gets an offer but decides to stay on at SWFC I think he will want a new dawn and to kick start a new era.

He has not spent in excess of £100 million to see Monk's Wednesday thrashed on a regular basis including two 5 - 0 defeats to Blackburn and Brentford.

Just ask yourself whether you would spend that amount of money and witness the results and performances under Monk since Xmas.

• Like 1