Garry Monk on Sheffield Wednesday targetting new players

Screenshot 2020-05-21 at 14.29.47.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday manager Garry Monk has spoken about how the club are pressing on with their recruitment plans despite the current situation with Covid19 etc

On Sheffield Wednesday bringing players into the club he said: "I think that work continues, because you do that anyway throughout the season, so that that doesn't change.

"But what does change – and this whole thing has changed the climate of it – is that no one knows what the situation is going to be.

"No one knows what kind of financial plan they can put in place, because we don't even know if we are finishing the season or not at this moment in time. The focus is on that, and what it's going to look like at the end of that in terms of the squad and stuff like that.

"Then there’s potential new offers and new contracts of players in terms of how that looks. So there's still all that to go through, and to try and understand for the club, what you could potentially spend or invest in players on the recruitment side of it."

"In terms of the process of looking for players and recruitment side of it, I think like always you cover all areas anyway," 

"Whether you were spending money or not, you've kind of put it into those brackets of if you were spending nothing, if you were doing loans, or if you were able to spend a certain amounts or bigger amounts – what it may be. You do that work anyway, that’s what a good recruitment process should be.

"You can obviously work on analysis anyway… There's no live games going on, but with targets there's a lot of analysis going on. In terms of being able to understand the reality of who can come in, who can’t, who's ready or who's available, I don’t think any club is at that stage at the moment."

Owlstalk Shop

Think this has come at the worst possible time for us. We were all ready for a big summer clear out and a fresh squad but I can now see us offering new contracts to a few that we would have released pre Covid! 

3 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

Not really. A pointless question by one of our useless Journalists

I just detest this kind of comment 👆

It's lazy and just some kind of weird tribal dismissal of journalists etc

It adds nothing to the debate at all. 

Every thread including an article or comment / quote gets posts like this

Not exactly sure what it achieves posting comments like this at all?

The irony being it cheeses me off so much I've now posted this post which is basically saying the post I've quoted is a pointless post by one of our members

lol

Owlstalk Shop

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-05-21 at 14.29.47.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday manager Garry Monk has spoken about how the club are pressing on with their recruitment plans despite the current situation with Covid19 etc

On Sheffield Wednesday bringing players into the club he said: "I think that work continues, because you do that anyway throughout the season, so that that doesn't change.

"But what does change – and this whole thing has changed the climate of it – is that no one knows what the situation is going to be.

"No one knows what kind of financial plan they can put in place, because we don't even know if we are finishing the season or not at this moment in time. The focus is on that, and what it's going to look like at the end of that in terms of the squad and stuff like that.

"Then there’s potential new offers and new contracts of players in terms of how that looks. So there's still all that to go through, and to try and understand for the club, what you could potentially spend or invest in players on the recruitment side of it."

"In terms of the process of looking for players and recruitment side of it, I think like always you cover all areas anyway," 

"Whether you were spending money or not, you've kind of put it into those brackets of if you were spending nothing, if you were doing loans, or if you were able to spend a certain amounts or bigger amounts – what it may be. You do that work anyway, that’s what a good recruitment process should be.

"You can obviously work on analysis anyway… There's no live games going on, but with targets there's a lot of analysis going on. In terms of being able to understand the reality of who can come in, who can’t, who's ready or who's available, I don’t think any club is at that stage at the moment."

Hardly any doubt then.........................

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

Saying nothing.

More nonsense from Monk.

What can he say at min nobody knows what going on