Jump to content
Sefton owl

Championship Players expected to self test

Recommended Posts

Yet another example of the ‘gap’ between us and the premier league. Is it a case of the EFL clubs not having the resources in place to facilitate? Is it a case of their being less focus on getting the EFL started as opposed to the PL?
 

I’m not clear on the costs of testing, but you would have thought we have the money to make sure everyone is tested, not just players but all staff at the club. 
 

One thing that’s clear is that if the onus is put on the players to do it themselves then it makes the target of resuming the league by end of June even less likely. Its yet another example of mis management of football and Coronavirus. IMO, football should only re start again once every single player and staff  in the premier league and EFL have been tested. I’m happy with the behind closed doors approach for now, just because it’s the most realistic approach to get the season finished or started again by September. 
 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52747798

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few days ago I saw a report that most people who self-test do not do it properly; thus leading to inaccurate results. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Yet another example of the ‘gap’ between us and the premier league. Is it a case of the EFL clubs not having the resources in place to facilitate? Is it a case of their being less focus on getting the EFL started as opposed to the PL?
 

I’m not clear on the costs of testing, but you would have thought we have the money to make sure everyone is tested, not just players but all staff at the club. 
 

One thing that’s clear is that if the onus is put on the players to do it themselves then it makes the target of resuming the league by end of June even less likely. Its yet another example of mis management of football and Coronavirus. IMO, football should only re start again once every single player and staff  in the premier league and EFL have been tested. I’m happy with the behind closed doors approach for now, just because it’s the most realistic approach to get the season finished or started again by September. 
 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52747798

 

Expected the PL will be allowed to do full contact training within a week...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, scram said:

 

Expected the PL will be allowed to do full contact training within a week...

 

Utter stupidity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

A few days ago I saw a report that most people who self-test do not do it properly; thus leading to inaccurate results. 

Self testing is now the default.

Had my test at the NYS Rotherham last week. Queued, registered & was then passed a self testing kit through the window by a soldier who told Me this was the default unless testee had special requirements!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If players have to do tests themselves it will all unravel quickly.  Christ there have been enough examples that they can't even manage to just stay at home so expecting them to perform a medical procedure correctly on themselves seems a bit of a stretch!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TBF self testing seems to be the norm for everyone.

My daughter in-law who is an ICU nurse, had her test a few weeks ago (thankfully negative) and she said they all have the kit passed to them and are required to do their own test then pass the kit back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Bloody hell they can't tackle as it is, asking them tackle this as well might just finish them off.

Edited by Inspector Lestrade
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hookowl said:

TBF self testing seems to be the norm for everyone.

My daughter in-law who is an ICU nurse, had her test a few weeks ago (thankfully negative) and she said they all have the kit passed to them and are required to do their own test then pass the kit back.

 

Who would you trust more to be able to perform their own Covid test, an ICU nurse, or Leon Clarke?  A man who had to be stretchered off after kicking an advertising board and breaking his own foot?

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t expect the season to re-start now never mind end. I don’t agree with Monk in many things but it’s hard to disagree with a lot of what he’s said this week.

 

The period that the players have been away from the training ground is around 7/8 weeks not too dissimilar to a usual

summer break. You then usually have a 6 week pre-season period that would also consist of pre-season games. For obvious reasons practice games would be a no go area.

 

Then throw in the possibility of players or staff testing positive for the virus and things become even more complicated. For instance say a player is tested after a game is played and is positive does that then mean everyone involved in that game has to self isolate? I can’t see football resuming for a while?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sam Winnall, setting trends since Apr 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TBH The way some players behave I wouldn’t trust them to do the right thing even if they were tested positive !  Thick and self centred come to mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...