Championship Players expected to self test

Yet another example of the ‘gap’ between us and the premier league. Is it a case of the EFL clubs not having the resources in place to facilitate? Is it a case of their being less focus on getting the EFL started as opposed to the PL?

I’m not clear on the costs of testing, but you would have thought we have the money to make sure everyone is tested, not just players but all staff at the club. 

One thing that’s clear is that if the onus is put on the players to do it themselves then it makes the target of resuming the league by end of June even less likely. Its yet another example of mis management of football and Coronavirus. IMO, football should only re start again once every single player and staff  in the premier league and EFL have been tested. I’m happy with the behind closed doors approach for now, just because it’s the most realistic approach to get the season finished or started again by September. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52747798

26 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Yet another example of the ‘gap’ between us and the premier league. Is it a case of the EFL clubs not having the resources in place to facilitate? Is it a case of their being less focus on getting the EFL started as opposed to the PL?

I’m not clear on the costs of testing, but you would have thought we have the money to make sure everyone is tested, not just players but all staff at the club. 

One thing that’s clear is that if the onus is put on the players to do it themselves then it makes the target of resuming the league by end of June even less likely. Its yet another example of mis management of football and Coronavirus. IMO, football should only re start again once every single player and staff  in the premier league and EFL have been tested. I’m happy with the behind closed doors approach for now, just because it’s the most realistic approach to get the season finished or started again by September. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52747798

Expected the PL will be allowed to do full contact training within a week...

39 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

A few days ago I saw a report that most people who self-test do not do it properly; thus leading to inaccurate results. 

Self testing is now the default.

Had my test at the NYS Rotherham last week. Queued, registered & was then passed a self testing kit through the window by a soldier who told Me this was the default unless testee had special requirements!

If players have to do tests themselves it will all unravel quickly.  Christ there have been enough examples that they can't even manage to just stay at home so expecting them to perform a medical procedure correctly on themselves seems a bit of a stretch!

• Haha 1

Just not bothered...

TBF self testing seems to be the norm for everyone.

My daughter in-law who is an ICU nurse, had her test a few weeks ago (thankfully negative) and she said they all have the kit passed to them and are required to do their own test then pass the kit back.

1 hour ago, Hookowl said:

TBF self testing seems to be the norm for everyone.

My daughter in-law who is an ICU nurse, had her test a few weeks ago (thankfully negative) and she said they all have the kit passed to them and are required to do their own test then pass the kit back.

Who would you trust more to be able to perform their own Covid test, an ICU nurse, or Leon Clarke?  A man who had to be stretchered off after kicking an advertising board and breaking his own foot?

• Haha 4

Just not bothered...

I don’t expect the season to re-start now never mind end. I don’t agree with Monk in many things but it’s hard to disagree with a lot of what he’s said this week.

The period that the players have been away from the training ground is around 7/8 weeks not too dissimilar to a usual

summer break. You then usually have a 6 week pre-season period that would also consist of pre-season games. For obvious reasons practice games would be a no go area.

Then throw in the possibility of players or staff testing positive for the virus and things become even more complicated. For instance say a player is tested after a game is played and is positive does that then mean everyone involved in that game has to self isolate? I can’t see football resuming for a while?