Boozy footballers

4 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Knew many chaps who could down 10-12 pints on Sun Night, then go in at 6am Mon and do a full shift underground. Also many in the Steel and iron works, similar. Can't recall many suffering Can't recall many 'Mental Breakdowns ' either.

Trouble with a lot of Footballers of today is that they are 'modern' Theydon't simply stick toale, but start mixing cocktails and shorts , and like many of today's fans, have to go OTT .

This, together with an excess of cash, and an inveterate desire to show off doesnt help.

Shocking post

Are you downplaying very real mental breakdowns ?

1 minute ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Shocking post

Are you downplaying very real mental breakdowns ?

To be fair the older generation don't really believe in mental health because back then people had breakdowns behind closed doors and never admitted to them as it would be seen as some kind of weakness or worse a perception of being a mental case.

Mental breakdowns most definitely DID happen back then though. 

Owlstalk Shop

23 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

To be fair the older generation don't really believe in mental health because back then people had breakdowns behind closed doors and never admitted to them as it would be seen as some kind of weakness or worse a perception of being a mental case.

Mental breakdowns most definitely DID happen back then though. 

"Where's aunt Shirley, mum?"

"She's gone for some sea air and a bit of a break"

"What? In Whiteley woods?"

• Haha 2

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

As far as the show is concerned I think ITV have a lot to answer for.

If they knew all along that Razor was under medical instructions not to take part then why in the name of f***wittery did they invite him along ?

It was for one reason only , they knew full well what he would do and were a party to it, they set up their recording gear in a bar and watched him down pints, shots , jagerbombs etc when they KNEW healthwise he was a ticking timebomb...…...………….can you imagine just for a minute if he had keeled over in the bar ?

Last year's show was good fun and was about the football and fun.

This year they have it have messed about and gone looking for angst and struggles of these former players. They have stage managed each comment, scene to try to make it sensationalist. About a third of those players were no way near fit enough to play, injuries etc. Razor in the bar was a disgrace, talk about enticement by the tv company. Would have been better if they didn't show it voyeurism at its worst.

Thanks ITV for spoiling a decent program.

6 minutes ago, marconi said:

Great post @ChapSmurf best of luck in the future. God bless you.

Thank you and to you and yours too.

I don't want anyone feeling sorry for me, as I am sure there will be others on here who have sadly suffered worse. I just hope it helps inspire people to seek help if needed, and to show what strength and courage along with bucket loads of support from family and friends, can achieve.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I think people are realising that  the days of egging footballers on to drink loads and have funny stories are rightly over.

The aftermath of that generation is horrific.

Mental breakdowns all over the place.

Suicidal ex footballers in a right mess

Footballers are so pampered that they never learn how life works or basic life skills, hardly surprising they suffer mentally, anyone who actually began to live as a grown up in their mid 30s would struggle to adjust .

Guest ka58

First series was great - players were visibly getting healthier And fitter from the process.

this series was pretty average for me - just a load of blokes wandering around in the middle of nowhere saying how concerned they were for “razor” and “merse” whilst sat plying razor with drink in a bar whilst he sat with a bra round his head and a sober merson sat upstairs in a hotel room on his own worrying about him.

After a night match in London,we stopped off for a pint,got afterbird,merson walked in about midnight,we gave him some stick,he turned round and walked out,came back about 20 minutes later and said ,leave it out lads I can't get a drink anywhere else,we did and he got round in for all mini bus,ended up having top sesh with him