Barnsley amongst clubs threatening to sue EFL if we arent relegated

Guest Grandad

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The alternative could be way way worse..

What situation would Sheffield Wednesday be in right now if Chansiri HAD been allowed to spaff even more on players and big contracts and then give them to the likes of Jos Luhukay to look after?

The same position were in now, just with a much longer goal to get out of it that we currently are

Guest Grandad
Just now, FroggattOwls said:

Our mismanagement is entirely down to the FFP regulations and strategies to deal with them.

Our mismanagement is entirely down to arrogance and a refusal to work within the rules.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

You're simply falling for the same gambling temptation that Chansiri appears to have struggled with in his first few seasons with us.

That kind of thinking is ridiculous

If it was just the sheer amount of cash you spend then you could guarantee success.

But it doesn't work like that in reality

Man City and Fulham bought their way out of this god awful division back to the top flight. 

No guarantees but football authorities really shouldn’t be stopping owners spending money. That’s just my opinion. 

FFP is a farce

No guarantees but football authorities really shouldn’t be stopping owners spending money.

So there's no guarantees that spending like absolute crazy will be successful

But you want to allow these chairmen to spaff millions and millions to gamble on it?

What happens to those clubs who don't get promoted?

AND

Answer me this - is a football chairman more or less likely to get bored and leg it from a club if they have lost millions and millions more but not getting promoted whilst running it?

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad

Man City and Fulham bought their way out of this god awful division back to the top flight. 

No guarantees but football authorities really shouldn’t be stopping owners spending money. That’s just my opinion. 

What if that money is loan after loan after loan?

Sheffield Wednesday were on the verge of going out of existence before Milan Mandaric rescued us just a few short years ago

Out of existence.

Like Bury. 

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Our mismanagement is entirely down to arrogance and a refusal to work within the rules.

Those rules are stupid and unfair in my opinion.  In motorsports bending and challenging rules is the norm. People seem to have a moral compass that it’s somehow wrong in football. Why shouldn’t we push the rules ?

If the rules stated we could sell assets to raise cash. We did that, I don’t get this moral argument we somehow did wrong ?

Just now, Grandad said:

Sheffield Wednesday were on the verge of going out of existence before Milan Mandaric rescued us just a few short years ago

Out of existence.

Like Bury. 

Yeah but the FFP thing is a farce.

Let these meglomaniac chairmen just spend spend spend innit yo fam

Owlstalk Shop

Those rules are stupid and unfair in my opinion.  In motorsports bending and challenging rules is the norm. People seem to have a moral compass that it’s somehow wrong in football. Why shouldn’t we push the rules ?

Push the rules or BREAK the rules?

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Exactly

Or worse

Thing is people seem to think we'll just get rid of all the players and start again..... it doesn't work like that. Still and only still the only way we can get out of this is to get promoted. And the way the club are currently going about things this is further off that before Chansiri bought us.

Guest Grandad

If the rules stated we could sell assets to raise cash. We did that, I don’t get this moral argument we somehow did wrong ?

I think 70 miles an hour on the motorway is ridiculous - especially given modern cars and modern braking systems.

If i get flashed by a speed camera at 120mph - should I be ok if I just argue that the rules are stupid?

Or would it be entirely my own fault for ignoring the rules?

Just now, Grandad said:

Out of existence.

Like Bury. 

Because FFP has made such a difference hasn’t it ? The clubs having serious issues over the last decade hasn’t changed. FFP has just made things harder for owners to change, clubs to restructure and move forward. 

Administration without peanlity  would have saved both clubs. 

31 minutes ago, FroggattOwls said:

It’s a misleading quote really the person doesn’t actually say Chansiri doesn’t have cash. 

Also we’re in economic Armageddon. The EFL are faffing around financial fair play. There might not be two full divisions soon... never mind four. 

The entire premise is just stupid to be honest, the principals are arguable, however the football leagues shouldn’t be in the business of stopping wealthy owners injecting cash into clubs. Especially at this time. If someone wealthy wants to buy Wigan and spend £100 million living their dream so what. Couldn’t happen now. Administration with no sporting penalty needs to be re established in these uncertain times to give clubs needed flexability moving forward. 

FFP was designed to cripple Man City. It seems madness it’s now preventing owners keeping clubs alive in non top flight football. Football needs to revert to how normal business operate. The football creditors rule should be abolished as well. There is numerous risks in doing business on a small scale. Football needs to be radical in the current environment to survive and move forward. 

FFP for Man City is a different set of rules entirely set by FIFA

Our P&S rules are EFL championship specific agreed by clubs before the likes of Chansiri and Morris came in so I can see why they want to challenge it.

Agree it’s ludicrous to punish teams with admin style punishments, so that they don’t go into admin...when all clubs make a loss and would be in admin without a wealthy owner. It needs drastic change 

2 minutes ago, FroggattOwls said:

It's nota moral argument and we were allowed to sell. It's the timing of it that's the issue. If I recall rightly you would like clubs to be able to spend, spend, spend, fail, fail, fail and then throw off their debts via insolvency proceedings and resume without any points penalty whatsoever.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Push the rules or BREAK the rules?

That’s for the authorities to decide. Motorsports  pushing the rules is part of it. If the rules are that crap and people can see ways of using them to their own advantage I can’t see a issue ? The EFL couldn’t draw up decent rules at all. 

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, FroggattOwls said:

Because FFP has made such a difference hasn’t it ?

In the 20 years to 2013 - there were 69 football adminitrations

Since then - there has been 2. Bury and Bolton

So yes - it really has made a huge difference

Not read all the thread so apologies if already mentioned but heard on the radio last night that Hearts are looking to take legal action against the SPL because  the ended the season prematurely. Hearts will be relegated being 4 points adrift of safety they had games in hand. Their argument is that they should've been allowed to play those games and be given the opportunity to avoid relegation. Also Gibson according Tesside Live is asking for legal action to be taken against a number of clubs us included for refusing to agree to play out the season. Strange then that we are resuming training on Monday