Barnsley amongst clubs threatening to sue EFL if we arent relegated

Guest Grandad

5 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

OK and I know I’m going to get negged to death for this but this particular article and the general negativity towards us since this process began could be used to our advantage?

For instance usually in court cases, the jury is usually told to ignore any outside interference or certain comments that may be uttered during the process, yet I’m pretty sure despite told to, it’s very difficult to do this?

We could quite easily claim that articles like today’s are putting pressure on the commission to find us guilty. Two clubs featured in this article stand to gain should we get points deducted or are automatically relegated? And someone from another club has arguably made a personal attack on Chansiri?

Yes, and before the someone turns around and say well we could be guilty? I take this on board but from the outside looking in there seems to be pressure from outside to make sure we are?

Anyway as I said before only time will tell but I think the fact the individual charges were dropped suggest it’s not as clear cut a case as some might think?

"negged to death" Have you been self isolating on the moon?

• Haha 4

Guest Grandad

If the Daily Mail posted irrefutable video evidence on their website of Chansiri telling somebody that Wednesday fans were w*****rs - there are posters like Casbah who would say "Yeah, but Daily Mail"

I really wish I believed in anybody as much as that.

4 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Vague as ever

"While Wednesday waits for the hearing, which The Athletic understands is imminent, they can take some confidence from a small victory in the arbitration stage of the proceedings that saw all the personal charges against Chansiri, former chief executive Katrien Meire and finance director John Redgate dropped."

Some confidence ? lol

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

WTF is wrong with our fans and the press?

lol

It's mental

Look there’s arguably been more negative press against us than positive in recent seasons hence why the view amongst some fans that you totally disagree with?

The fact the Chairman seems to be only prepared to give one local journalist access to interviews seems to support this view.

In a general view there seems to be a lot more going on in terms of battle lines being drawn on this site at the moment. As like in the DA days there may be something brewing in towards a power struggle between the fans and the club? There’s a new supporters organisation on the horizon after all? Just an observation some posters including yourself are a wee bit more active? It might be due to the lockdown, I don’t know but I get the feeling it won’t be long before the dark days of the noughties will be revisited? 

That said I’m not going to get into an argument as everyone’s entitled to an opinion and at the end of the day surely we’re all Wednesday fans who all want the best for the club.

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

If the Daily Mail posted irrefutable video evidence on their website of Chansiri telling somebody that Wednesday fans were w*****rs - there are posters like Casbah who would say "Yeah, but Daily Mail"

I really wish I believed in anybody as much as that.

Trouble is you have a history of posting liable stuff against our chairman

Guest Grandad
Just now, bladeshater said:

yeah youre another one.

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, bladeshater said:

Just as an aside - what you posted there is more libellous than ANYTHING Ive ever posted lol 

I love irony 

2 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Look there’s arguably been more negative press against us than positive in recent seasons hence why the view amongst some fans that you totally disagree with?

The fact the Chairman seems to be only prepared to give one local journalist access to interviews seems to support this view.

That sounds to me like you fully support the Chairman cutting all other journalists off other than Dom Howson?

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

"(The Efl) is still getting on with it and they are pursuing it vigorously - that's what i've been told......

The above quote is not on Athletic Website from what I can see.  It's possible its under the blocked out paragraph, but I would guess that it isn't.

The article is 7 pages of A4 long lol 

2 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

In a general view there seems to be a lot more going on in terms of battle lines being drawn on this site at the moment. As like in the DA days there may be something brewing in towards a power struggle between the fans and the club? There’s a new supporters organisation on the horizon after all? Just an observation some posters including yourself are a wee bit more active? It might be due to the lockdown, I don’t know but I get the feeling it won’t be long before the dark days of the noughties will be revisited? 

That said I’m not going to get into an argument as everyone’s entitled to an opinion and at the end of the day surely we’re all Wednesday fans who all want the best for the club.

Might not be the same faces but the same old mind set with a few two bob millionaires waiting in the wings. It's a Chimera it will all blow over !

As for promotion or relegation it matters little still love my trips to Hillsborough watching The Wednesday.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

That sounds to me like you fully support the Chairman cutting all other journalists off other than Dom Howson?

If it sounds like that, it sounds like that. I suppose the Chairman has the right to speak to who he wants.

Lets be honest would you give an interview to one of the commentators at RS who sounds as though he’s ejaculating as soon as the opposition touch the ball, as you’d quite clearly be concerned that you wouldn’t get the same objectivity as the Chairman obvious he feels he gets from Howson?

8 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

As for promotion or relegation it matters little still love my trips to Hillsborough watching The Wednesday.

Exactly!

That's what people forget

After the initial relegation the next season's fun in a lower division can sometimes be way way more enjoyable than getting hammered each week in the division above it

Owlstalk Shop