Barnsley amongst clubs threatening to sue EFL if we arent relegated

Guest Grandad

3 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

You mean this bit of the article?

While Wednesday waits for the hearing, which The Athletic understands is imminent, they can take some confidence from a small victory in the arbitration stage of the proceedings that saw all the personal charges against Chansiri, former chief executive Katrien Meire and finance director John Redgate dropped.

So we lost the arbitration in regards to charges against the club ?

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

WTF is wrong with our fans and the press?

lol

It's mental

Well the press are usually biased towards their proprietaries political view which gives a lopsided view of events.

Nothing to much wrong with our fans some are nice, some are not so nice. 

Edited by Inspector Lestrade

Guest LittleG
5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

It's mental

I blame Trevor Francis!

OK and I know I’m going to get negged to death for this but this particular article and the general negativity towards us since this process began could be used to our advantage?

For instance usually in court cases, the jury is usually told to ignore any outside interference or certain comments that may be uttered during the process, yet I’m pretty sure despite told to, it’s very difficult to do this?

We could quite easily claim that articles like today’s are putting pressure on the commission to find us guilty. Two clubs featured in this article stand to gain should we get points deducted or are automatically relegated? And someone from another club has arguably made a personal attack on Chansiri?

Yes, and before the someone turns around and say well we could be guilty? I take this on board but from the outside looking in there seems to be pressure from outside to make sure we are?

Anyway as I said before only time will tell but I think the fact the individual charges were dropped suggest it’s not as clear cut a case as some might think?

46 minutes ago, Grandad said:

i considered cutting and pasting the article from the Athletic but

Thats the journalists form of income

AND

The Atheltic regularly post content far more revealing, impartial and well researched than ANYTHING by our more well known club journos.

Its £4.99 a month and the only subscription I have to any news on anything.

Thanks for that, it explains so much ! 

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Thanks for that, it explains so much ! 

Vague as ever

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

It's mental

It's weird how people think the press would bother to have a vendetta against a middle-ranking second division football club - or that they'd make loads up because Wednesday are such a major player in the football world that it will have people flocking to buy their papers. 

• Like 1

Just now, rickygoo said:

It's weird how people think the press would bother to have a vendetta against a middle-ranking second division football club - or that they'd make loads up because Wednesday are such a major player in the football world that it will have people flocking to buy their papers. 

lol

Exactly!

ha ha

They're mentalists

So tribal they're rather just hit out at any/all press/pundits than accept they may have a point

Owlstalk Shop