Barnsley amongst clubs threatening to sue EFL if we arent relegated

Guest Grandad

What if we get a 12 point deduction this season, still stay up and the dingles go down!

They wont have a case! 

Plus Chansiri and the two executives have had all changes dropped against them personally!

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Or it was just made up!

Yeah I can fully imagine Nancy Frostrick making up that statement for her article and not retaining any proof that a club owner had said it.

7 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Didnt want to be named cause he would be sued if he was named.

Very cowardly

I don't think he'd raise his head above the parapet for something so trivial

It's pretty much a compliment compared to a lot of what he is openly being accused of currently

7 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Didnt want to be named cause he would be sued if he was named.

Very cowardly

I don't think the quote implies he's a paedo so I don't think it's actionable - the Athletic could be sued for repeating it if it is. It's more a case of a private opinion on a bloke who the individual being quoted still has to work with to some extent on EFL issues.  

Just now, Grandad said:

Yeah I can fully imagine Nancy Frostrick making up that statement for her article and not retaining any proof that a club owner had said it.

A quote as hard, tough and serious as that one would no WAY be 'made up' by any journalist

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

What if we get a 12 point deduction this season, still stay up and the dingles go down!

They wont have a case! 

Plus Chansiri and the two executives have had all changes dropped against them personally!

The 'legal' action is only for lost income, so for Barnsley it's what £3m?....give us 9 points and fine us the amount of compensation paid to the team relegated....biased I know, but seems to tick all the boxes and resolves their complaint

8 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I don't think the quote implies he's a paedo so I don't think it's actionable - the Athletic could be sued for repeating it if it is. It's more a case of a private opinion on a bloke who the individual being quoted still has to work with to some extent on EFL issues.  

I suspect Chansiri won't find it amusing anyway

Lol

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

The Arbitration decision part of this ‘charge’ seems to be missing in action still doesn’t it 

You mean this bit of the article?

While Wednesday waits for the hearing, which The Athletic understands is imminent, they can take some confidence from a small victory in the arbitration stage of the proceedings that saw all the personal charges against Chansiri, former chief executive Katrien Meire and finance director John Redgate dropped.

The anonymous source sounds very bitter. 

So, the bottom club want another club relegated, without proof of wrongdoing, considering the panel has not yet even considered the charge.

I dont doubt DC can come across as entitled, but I've met him a couple of times and always seemed a genuine guy (well when speaking to me anyway)

There is no evidence that DC doesnt have money, in fact the very opposite considering what hes spent. Who are we supposed to be in debt to? Most of our 'debt'would be to DC?

Considering the charges against individuals have (rightly IMO) been dropped, why should we be automatically relegated and not Derby? Will they want Reading relegated automatically too once their FFP process begins? How about Birmingham, their points deduction was ok? Will Villa be automatically relegated twice if they come down from the EPL due to their stadium sale?

• Like 2