Barnsley amongst clubs threatening to sue EFL if we arent relegated

Guest Grandad

Just now, trev said:

It's his money.

How much has man city and psgs owners lost?

But they don't care.. the clubs are just play things and they want the success and kudos.

If the owners are borrowing money from the club or selling assets or getting loans and into debt I concur.

But if they are billionaires and want to lose a billion on their football crush.

That's up to them...or it should be.

I'm amazed at just how quickly and completely football fans have been conditioned to think like this

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm amazed at just how quickly and completely football fans have been conditioned to think like this

Football is a business like any other.

If a rich bloke buys a failing business but wants to plough billions into it....nobody stops him. In fact it it applauded.

In football it's frowned upon and the owner and club are called "new money" glory seeking, plastic etc.

It's weird.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

But people are spouting that Wednesday's brand has been damaged

Surely there's at least ONE tiny teeny weeny bit of actual evidence otherwise why would you say it?

I'm not asking to try and trip anyone up. I want to learn. I want to see how we've been damaged so I can form a view either way or not.

Or you are trying to drive traffic by being deliberately obtuse

And being unable to provide evidence to the contrary

A very simple example would be to speak, as I have, with people not interested in football or Wednesday( so not from the dark side) and ask whether they feel the club has been impacted by the recent bad press....if they say no I am wrong, but if they have a negative view of the club that is a damaged brand. Although not specifically business based, they may have a child who gets interested in football and has to make a choice of teams, which would not be us 

Must be something antagonistic in the Christian 

From Neil

1 hour ago, Great Big Galaa said:

You can’t conceivably have a conversation about P&S without bringing up parachute payments as the two are intrinsically linked? It’s why we and others have pushed the boat out to compete, is it not?

Currently 6 Championship clubs receive on average £40M each in parachute payments, the other 18 each receive £4.5M.

Conceivably, next season, there could be 8 Championship clubs receiving parachute payments ……….

1/3 of the league!!!

9 minutes ago, blueandwhitematt said:

I'm far from Chansiri's biggest fan, but with the topics that Prince Andrew's 'sense of entitlement' refer to, and all the connotations that come with that, its absolutely incredible that The Athletic decided it was OK to publish that comment.  Maybe if it was attributed to someone, then at least that gives some accountability and someone to come back onto, but to just allow an unnamed source to attack someone's personal character in an article way overstepped the mark.  There's plenty to discuss regarding how Chansiri runs the football club in a legitimate manner, without descending into that sort of territory.

Looks like they pulled that comment fairly swiftly anyway - someone got a bit twitchy somewhere, and rightly so.

For what its worth, if we get found guilty we should absolutely be punished this season, no doubt.  If we're found not guilty, all parties need to accept it and crack on - it can't work both ways that a party will only recognise the result if it goes in their favour.

Also all charges against swfc individuals were recended. 

1 minute ago, nbupperthongowl said:

A very simple example would be to speak, as I have, with people not interested in football or Wednesday( so not from the dark side) and ask whether they feel the club has been impacted by the recent bad press

Nah mate I'm not having that as an answer

If I went to anyone and asked them whether they felt that YOU would be affected by bad press I can guarantee you their answer would be YES. 

FFS come on...

I'm just looking for one specific example of what's been affected.

One business that won't do business with us

One player who won't sign for us because of it

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad
5 minutes ago, trev said:

Football is a business like any other.

If it was our players, and those at every other club in the country, wouldn't still be getting paid full money

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

If it was our players, and those at every other club in the country, wouldn't still be getting paid full money

Business is the same...employment contracts are different.

Just now, Sham67 said:

And the Indians who bought it before them.

I'm not saying it's a good thing. Purely that rich people do buy failing businesses and plough money into them.

Hoping for riches in the future.

Or in football's case....prestige.

3 minutes ago, Grandad said:

if our owner was upto his eyes in debt like that articles informer purports , our players wouldn’t be getting paid at all 

Just now, Royal_D said:

if our owner was upto his eyes in debt like that articles informer purports , our players wouldn’t be getting paid at all 

Our players have always been paid even when we HAVE been up to our eyes in debt so Grandad's point is proven

Owlstalk Shop