Barnsley amongst clubs threatening to sue EFL if we arent relegated

Guest Grandad

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If we have proof then there would be no hearing at all. 

It couldn't possibly take place and wouldn't take place

The EFL couldn't possibly have a hearing knowing the club in question had a letter from themselves that covered ALL the misdemeanours they accuse us of.

This is the EFL you have been following football right for the last decade ? 😂😘

1 minute ago, FroggattOwls said:

This is the EFL you have been following football right for the last decade ? 😂😘

Yeah BUT

If we have proof then there would be no hearing at all. 

It couldn't possibly take place and wouldn't take place

The EFL couldn't possibly have a hearing knowing the club in question had a letter from themselves that covered ALL the misdemeanours they accuse us of.

Owlstalk Shop

What a bizarre comment anyway to compare someone to Prince Andrew

as if you wouldn’t have the minerals to put your name to it, absolutely pathetic 

If we've broken the rules then we deserve punishment whatever the punishment is. 

I'm sick of football at the moment tbh - everything is geared up to let the top clubs prosper and, well, screw everyone else. 

Clubs like us chase the rainbow to try and get into the PL. What happens when we get there? Fight to stay up every year. What's the point? 

Parachute payments tip the odds against any team in this division. Remember when Southampton got £16m for Walcott? Developing their own youth? It'd be about £600k now. Man City have got a hearing about their Europe ban which you know will be lifted, so teams like (hate to say it) United don't get rewarded for success within the rules.

We're paying ridiculous prices for tickets, to take a gamble to go up, if we don't we're screwed for the next 5 years. Meanwhile clubs who get relegated from the Prem are rewarded for failure. 

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm asking for specifics

If our brand has been damaged give me one clear example of it's direct impact. What changes have happened? What effect has it had specifically?

How can someone not within the club give an example of commercial deals which have gone sour because of an external view of the club or something that has damaged the brand? You know that it is not possible

If you feel that the external view of Wednesday is as positive as it has been in the past then fine, we will have to agree to disagree on that.

Alternatively you could specifically demonstrate how articles like the one we are discussing doesn't impact on our brand ie. All publicity is good publicity

1 minute ago, nbupperthongowl said:

How can someone not within the club give an example of commercial deals which have gone sour because of an external view of the club or something that has damaged the brand? You know that it is not possible

But people are spouting that Wednesday's brand has been damaged

Surely there's at least ONE tiny teeny weeny bit of actual evidence otherwise why would you say it?

I'm not asking to try and trip anyone up. I want to learn. I want to see how we've been damaged so I can form a view either way or not.

Owlstalk Shop

I'm far from Chansiri's biggest fan, but with the topics that Prince Andrew's 'sense of entitlement' refer to, and all the connotations that come with that, its absolutely incredible that The Athletic decided it was OK to publish that comment.  Maybe if it was attributed to someone, then at least that gives some accountability and someone to come back onto, but to just allow an unnamed source to attack someone's personal character in an article way overstepped the mark.  There's plenty to discuss regarding how Chansiri runs the football club in a legitimate manner, without descending into that sort of territory.

Looks like they pulled that comment fairly swiftly anyway - someone got a bit twitchy somewhere, and rightly so.

For what its worth, if we get found guilty we should absolutely be punished this season, no doubt.  If we're found not guilty, all parties need to accept it and crack on - it can't work both ways that a party will only recognise the result if it goes in their favour.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

But the intent is to stop that happening or hold it back as much as humanly possible

I honestly can't believe fans want our chairmen to lose millions and millions and millions of pounds and not expect it all to go belly up

It's his money.

How much has man city and psgs owners lost?

But they don't care.. the clubs are just play things and they want the success and kudos.

If the owners are borrowing money from the club or selling assets or getting loans and into debt I concur.

But if they are billionaires and want to lose a billion on their football crush.

That's up to them...or it should be.

2 minutes ago, blueandwhitematt said:

I'm far from Chansiri's biggest fan, but with the topics that Prince Andrew's 'sense of entitlement' refer to, and all the connotations that come with that, its absolutely incredible that The Athletic decided it was OK to publish that comment.  Maybe if it was attributed to someone, then at least that gives some accountability and someone to come back onto, but to just allow an unnamed source to attack someone's personal character in an article way overstepped the mark.  There's plenty to discuss regarding how Chansiri runs the football club in a legitimate manner, without descending into that sort of territory.

Looks like they pulled that comment fairly swiftly anyway - someone got a bit twitchy somewhere, and rightly so.

For what its worth, if we get found guilty we should absolutely be punished this season, no doubt.  If we're found not guilty, all parties need to accept it and crack on - it can't work both ways that a party will only recognise the result if it goes in their favour.

About spot on there that for me, amongst the usual drivel that’s a very good post 

Guest Grandad
47 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Yeah, just like our Derby neighbours where that super firm  RR have just laid off 9K ! At least they stuck to the rules though eh ?

Can't work out if you're blaming me, Derby Country or Rolls Royce for the loss of 9k jobs 

But given your history - I'm going to assume its me you're blaming :rolleyes: