Barnsley amongst clubs threatening to sue EFL if we arent relegated

Guest Grandad

25 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It really honestly does NOT mate

not at all

So hypothetically, should we be looking for an owner or an investor the widely held view that we could be cheats and negative media and social media commentary damaging our brand would not be an issue then??

46 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

They're only defending it as an alternative to your idea which has a litany of flaws. At least 99% of us I imagine would like to see the system of football finances atomised and replaced with something fairer and more rational.

That litany of flaws is how football worked for decades until the introduction of punishment for administration following Leicester getting their ground for free and then the FFP shambles. Generally speaking. 

8 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

They should be doing neither as they are both detrimental to the game.

The race to make profit has attracted bad chairmen to the game. Chasing the promised land of PL and CL football.

Its not what football is about

Bad football chairman have been around for decades.

Just now, nbupperthongowl said:

So hypothetically, should we be looking for an owner or an investor the widely held view that we could be cheats and negative media and social media commentary damaging our brand would not be an issue then??

Tell me (specifically) in what way has our brand been damaged

Who's not going to deal with us if we offer them millions of pounds for their player for example?

Who's going to turn down a contract to supply the club with breadcakes if we offered it them?

How exactly specifically have we been damaged?

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Agreed

But you can’t complain about unfair situations when you’re breaking the rules in my opinion 

Well you CAN but you hold no real credibility as an upholder of justice 

True, but it was my understanding that our hearing isn’t until July. Chansiri et al have been cleared, so let’s wait and see if a hearing deems us guilty or having broke the rules. Don’t forget, if what we say is right, we have proof we waited for the EFL green light before proceeding?

Just now, SettleForADraw said:

True, but it was my understanding that our hearing isn’t until July. Chansiri et al have been cleared, so let’s wait and see if a hearing deems us guilty or having broke the rules. Don’t forget, if what we say is right, we have proof we waited for the EFL green light before proceeding?

If we have proof then there would be no hearing at all. 

It couldn't possibly take place and wouldn't take place

The EFL couldn't possibly have a hearing knowing the club in question had a letter from themselves that covered ALL the misdemeanours they accuse us of.

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Yep

Overspending recklessly and putting their clubs in all kinds of trouble

Thats what administration is designed to help out with legally. 

Half of you moralizing here would have heart attacks if you knew how Chapter 11 works in the USA. 

Companies keep trading, but just don't pay anyone. Then carry on as normal. Its designed to encourage business by making failure easy and less risky. . 

26 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Im not sure the EFL can do anything while they are in the EPL

But I fully expect them to when they are relegated

A bit like they did with QPR you mean? 

35 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It really honestly does NOT mate

not at all

Neil working for a large firm let me tell you that mud does stick when you are tarnished with failings of yesteryear and in a rather large way.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Tell me (specifically) in what way has our brand been damaged

Who's not going to deal with us if we offer them millions of pounds for their player for example?

Who's going to turn down a contract to supply the club with breadcakes if we offered it them?

How exactly specifically have we been damaged?

Where did I mention buying a player? Or  a local supplier? They are individual business decisions driven for the benefit of both companies

Don't know if you have missed this, but the numeroud negative press articles in print and online ( too many to be specific) casting doubt on how we have acted and thr governing body for league football charging us and our officials, with misconduct don't really improve the standing of our club or  brand.... unless I have missed something

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If we have proof then there would be no hearing at all. 

It couldn't possibly take place and wouldn't take place

The EFL couldn't possibly have a hearing knowing the club in question had a letter from themselves that covered ALL the misdemeanours they accuse us of.

Maybe you’re right. Until we’ve been proven guilty though I’ll not be bashing Chansiri (although I do agree it has been a proper shït show)

4 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Where did I mention buying a player? Or  a local supplier? They are individual business decisions driven for the benefit of both companies

Don't know if you have missed this, but the numeroud negative press articles in print and online ( too many to be specific) casting doubt on how we have acted and thr governing body for league football charging us and our officials, with misconduct don't really improve the standing of our club or  brand.... unless I have missed something

I'm asking for specifics

If our brand has been damaged give me one clear example of it's direct impact. What changes have happened? What effect has it had specifically?

Owlstalk Shop