Barnsley amongst clubs threatening to sue EFL if we arent relegated

Guest Grandad

Just now, SettleForADraw said:

Jesus. The next line in my reply literally says I’m all for a cap. Cap wages, cap transfer fees WORLDWIDE. But they won’t, will they? UEFA are as corrupt as they come and players in the top leagues have wayyyyyyy too much power. Something needs to be done. 

Yeah agreed

Some of the alternatives being put forward in this thread are crackers though

And others have already been proven historically not to work at all without clubs going out of existence 

Owlstalk Shop

Didn’t Villa cheat there way back to the premier league ?  How was there ‘fair play’ figures looking ?? Owt happen to them ?  No ? 

thought not , strong effort from the EFL again 

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Our mismanagement is entirely down to arrogance and a refusal to work within the rules.

But as a rule you usually argue for a free market economy where any entrepreneur can sink what he wants into any business or start up that he or she chooses. 

Me I'm all for regulation and the level playing field but it won't happen under capitalism. Murdock did it with a huge pile of assets the Glaziers did it using their personal empire of negative equity. So Chansiri and his route of choice is down to him in these days of Laissez Faire. 

2 minutes ago, SettleForADraw said:

But you wouldn’t need to spend what you wanted if there was a level playing field to start with!!! I’m all for a cap and taking the power away from player/agents but to berate Chansiri for merely trying to compete is nonsense.

Just try and compete within the rules then. Our incompetence with transfers, commercial activity and ticket pricing has resulted in strategies like D Taxis, drinks companies and 1867 club. 

We’ve not adopted this maverick approach through plan, but more necessity and to cover the cost of bad decisions. 

And until found guilty we/he haven’t done anything wrong tbf. Let’s just wait and see. 

Guest Grandad
Just now, Royal_D said:

Didn’t Villa cheat there way back to the premier league ?  How was there ‘fair play’ figures looking ?? Owt happen to them ?  No ? 

thought not , strong effort from the EFL again 

Im not sure the EFL can do anything while they are in the EPL

But I fully expect them to when they are relegated

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah agreed

Some of the alternatives being put forward in this thread are crackers though

And others have already been proven historically not to work at all without clubs going out of existence 

True, but the EFL did allow Steve Dale to buy Bury and we all know how that went. Same with Bolton, they’re up shïtecreek without a paddle and they received parachute payments recently. The whole system needs a re think. It’s like footballers going back to playing matches and getting a test every 2 weeks? Quite a few members of my family work in the hospital and haven’t had a single test between them. Money rules and it stinks.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

Just try and compete within the rules then. Our incompetence with transfers, commercial activity and ticket pricing has resulted in strategies like D Taxis, drinks companies and 1867 club. 

We’ve not adopted this maverick approach through plan, but more necessity and to cover the cost of bad decisions. 

And until found guilty we/he haven’t done anything wrong tbf. Let’s just wait and see. 

Everyone moaned though when Mandaric effectively saved us but didn’t spend anything though? I get what you’re saying and it has been a complete farce since Wembley but we’re not the only ones trying desperately to get to the riches of the premier league.

7 minutes ago, Grandad said:

So - why did we not get all the other clubs together and get the EFL to address parachute payments?

OR is it because as a club we would want parachute payments to protect us if we did get promoted - for when we got relegated again?

Don't assume because parachute payments make the table not level - that clubs dont want them. 

Fair point, but the whole system needs to be overhauled.  Clubs seem to spending more time concentrating on tactics in the courts and not on the pitch.

• Thanks 1

Guest Grandad
6 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

But as a rule you usually argue for a free market economy where any entrepreneur can sink what he wants into any business or start up that he or she chooses. 

Me I'm all for regulation and the level playing field but it won't happen under capitalism. Murdock did it with a huge pile of assets the Glaziers did it using their personal empire of negative equity. So Chansiri and his route of choice is down to him in these days of Laissez Faire. 

I don't argue for any business to flout any rules or laws applicable to their businesses. Ive never advocated profit at all costs anywhere.

I also regularly advocate those businesses benefitting their community and having a responsibility

5 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I don't argue for any business to flout any rules or laws applicable to their businesses. Ive never advocated profit at all costs anywhere.

I also regularly advocate those businesses benefitting their community and having a responsibility

Yeah, just like our Derby neighbours where that super firm  RR have just laid off 9K ! At least they stuck to the rules though eh ?

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl

9 minutes ago, SettleForADraw said:

True, but the EFL did allow Steve Dale to buy Bury and we all know how that went. Same with Bolton, they’re up shïtecreek without a paddle and they received parachute payments recently. The whole system needs a re think. It’s like footballers going back to playing matches and getting a test every 2 weeks? Quite a few members of my family work in the hospital and haven’t had a single test between them. Money rules and it stinks.

Football fans should be solely advocating their football clubs making the most profit not cheering on their chairmen to make the biggest losses and get away with it 

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Fair point, but the whole system needs to be overhauled.  Clubs seem to spending more time concentrating on tactics in the courts and not on the pitch.

That culture is here to stay 

It will continue no matter what rules get changed 

It will continue because of the £££ running the sport 

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Football fans should be solely advocating their football clubs making the most profit not cheering on their chairmen to make the biggest losses and get away with it 

Agreed. And when the rules and fair for all I’m sure they’ll be more people doing so. While they’re unfair though you leave yourself open to be criticised and having excuses for why you’ve overspent.

3 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Yeah, just like our Derby neighbours where that super firm  RR have just laid off 9K ! At least they stuck to the rules though eh ?

He’s here, Chaiman Mao. 

• Haha 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

They should be doing neither as they are both detrimental to the game.

The race to make profit has attracted bad chairmen to the game. Chasing the promised land of PL and CL football.

Its not what football is about

Just now, SettleForADraw said:

Agreed. And when the rules and fair for all I’m sure they’ll be more people doing so. While they’re unfair though you leave yourself open to be criticised and having excuses for why you’ve overspent.

Agreed

But you can’t complain about unfair situations when you’re breaking the rules in my opinion 

Well you CAN but you hold no real credibility as an upholder of justice 

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, Grandad said:

seems I was wrong

Investigation into Villas stadium sale ongoing right now

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7917941/Premier-League-probe-Aston-Villas-56million-stadium-sale.html 

Big problem though as the Value of an asset is what the buyer is prepared to pay. A valuation is just a subjective guess no real standing in law.