Barnsley amongst clubs threatening to sue EFL if we arent relegated

Guest Grandad

Just now, Blue and white said:

We as a club will be punished for the action of a man who by his own admission hasn't got a clue what he is doing.

It’s his club though. None of this ‘we’. That’s modern football. 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

The whole Steve Gibson thing is like religion

People born in America are more likely to be Christian and believing in their god

People born in India for example are more likely to believe in a different god

Simply because of where they were born

If you were a Middlesboro fan right now you'd be 100% behind your chairman

Wednesday fans views differ because they support Sheffield Wednesday

I am not talking about the fans, as you say they will follow the path that helps them the most....we do

It is Gibson's apparent belief that  his view counts more than others.... which is equally a protectionists viewpoint. He is starting to be like trump

18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Jesus Christ....

I can't believe modern football has led to thoughts like this

I really can't

modern football is half a dozen clubs having legal cases with regards to arbitrary rules, that might ending up deciding the season more than any sport played over a year. 

I can’t take Steve Gibson seriously TBH. He wasn’t so self-righteous when he sold us Reach and Rhodes? Two deals that arguably put us well and truly in the financial sh!t we find ourselves in now?

Edited by Great Big Galaa

2 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I can’t take Steve Gibson seriously TBH. He wasn’t so self-righteous when he sold us Reach and Rhodes? Two deals that arguably put us well and truly in the financial sh!t we find ourselves in now?

You're blaming Gibson for Chansiri spending that money on those players?

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, FroggattOwls said:

Got to laugh. After 42 matches there are half a dozen EFL cases running which might matter more than all the sport this season combined. 

Yet people are defending this stupid system. 

Yeah we should just bankrupt local businesses, spaff zilllllions and still expect to have a football club at the end of it eh?

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Might’ve been said already, but does anyone else find it odd that Barnsley are complaining about a charge that relates to a competition they weren’t part of at the time?

Barnsley and Charlton stand to gain the most from this should any of 3 clubs get points deductions, despite never suffering any disadvantage from the actual offences.

I know that’s how it’s always worked. But that nuance just bemuses me. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, FroggattOwls said:

Got to laugh. After 42 matches there are half a dozen EFL cases running which might matter more than all the sport this season combined. 

Let's all be honest here now..

The current system is in no way perfect

But your alternative is out of SPACE levels of mental

lol

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, FroggattOwls said:

Half a dozen means well over 80 are sticking to the rules. 

• Haha 1

Absolutely grinds my gears when people come out and say these things such as the Prince Andrew quote and don’t have a big enough set of Crown Jewels to have there name attributed it 

Pathetic behaviour 

5 minutes ago, FroggattOwls said:

They're only defending it as an alternative to your idea which has a litany of flaws. At least 99% of us I imagine would like to see the system of football finances atomised and replaced with something fairer and more rational.

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You're blaming Gibson for Chansiri spending that money on those players?

lol

I mean he wasn’t so bothered about us failing P&S then? Can you imagine the stick Chansiri would be getting here if he was the self-styled sheriff of the championship?