Barnsley amongst clubs threatening to sue EFL if we arent relegated

Guest Grandad

Just now, rickygoo said:

It's nota moral argument and we were allowed to sell. It's the timing of it that's the issue. If I recall rightly you would like clubs to be able to spend, spend, spend, fail, fail, fail and then throw off their debts via insolvency proceedings and resume without any points penalty whatsoever.

Administration is different to insolvency. 

But yes. I don’t see moral arguments against that to be honest. If an owner wants to buy swfc spend. Let him. 

Banks, individuals and everyone trade with risks. There is no morals in wiping debts and starting again. Research Chapter 11 in the USA. 

7 minutes ago, Grandad said:

What if that money is loan after loan after loan?

Sheffield Wednesday were on the verge of going out of existence before Milan Mandaric rescued us just a few short years ago

Out of existence.

Like Bury. 

swfc should have been put into admin years ago on our relegation from the PL. it was scandalous we weren’t 

1 minute ago, FroggattOwls said:

But yes. I don’t see moral arguments against that to be honest. If an owner wants to buy swfc spend. Let him. 

Banks, individuals and everyone trade with risks. There is no morals in wiping debts and starting again. Research Chapter 11 in the USA. 

Jesus Christ....

I can't believe modern football has led to thoughts like this

I really can't

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, FroggattOwls said:

swfc should have been put into admin years ago on our relegation from the PL. it was scandalous we weren’t 

Yeah

We should have done that and said to all the local business and suppliers that we weren't going to pay them what we owed them and watched them struggle/go bankrupt as a result

We should definitely have done that to our community

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, Grandad said:

In the 20 years to 2013 - there were 69 football adminitrations

Since then - there has been 2. Bury and Bolton

So yes - it really has made a huge difference

I bet that's not even acknowledged

Instead it will be 'yeah but we should have gone into administration, bankrupt local businesses, and should then be allowed to spend millions and millions and millions gambling the club's entire future'

Owlstalk Shop

Absolutely, but then we've always been the club that has tried to do things the right and have ultimately been fecked over for doing so. That is until Clueless and Stuffing Boy got their hands on the club.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, FroggattOwls said:

Our mismanagement is entirely down to the FFP regulations and strategies to deal with them.

Technically that is correct. As is driving at 145mph and the defence barrister arguing the speed limit should have been set at 146mph. 

Edited by vulva
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, FroggattOwls said:

Bloody hell.

Did you own a Victorian workhouse in a previous life?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Grandad said:

In the 20 years to 2013 - there were 69 football adminitrations

Since then - there has been 2. Bury and Bolton

So yes - it really has made a huge difference

How many clubs that went into administration went out of existence and weren’t just bought by a new owner ? 

Wigan, Pompey and many others should have gone into admin. 

FFP has done nothing about poor ownership.

8 minutes ago, FroggattOwls said:

Administration is an insolvency process overseen by an insolvency practitioner.

Guest Grandad

No he showed that clubs haven’t been put into administration due to league points punishment.

There is no evidence it’s prevented poor ownership.

39 of the 69 administrations included points deductions.

Points deductions MADE NO DIFFERENCE

No he showed that clubs haven’t been put into administration due to league points punishment.

There is no evidence it’s prevented poor ownership.

Poor ownership leading to administration you mean?

I'd argue it HAS 

You keep throwing forward this idea that without FFP and with unregulated spending things would be better, yet can't provide any evidence whatsoever for that, and yet you're drowning in facts and examples being put forward to you.

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, darra said:

Not read all the thread so apologies if already mentioned but heard on the radio last night that Hearts are looking to take legal action against the SPL because  the ended the season prematurely. Hearts will be relegated being 4 points adrift of safety they had games in hand. Their argument is that they should've been allowed to play those games and be given the opportunity to avoid relegation. Also Gibson according Tesside Live is asking for legal action to be taken against a number of clubs us included for refusing to agree to play out the season. Strange then that we are resuming training on Monday

It's 2021, welcome to the first game in the new Steve Gibson Championship...

It's getting like the little Britain Dennis Waterman sketch ....I star in the programme, write the theme tune, sing the theme tune........

Why is he so bl@@dy righteous and correct about everything??

7 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Bloody hell.

Did you own a Victorian workhouse in a previous life?

Funny you should say that I was just thinking if the poster in question was really Jacob Rees Mogg.

• Haha 2

Just now, nbupperthongowl said:

It's 2021, welcome to the first game in the new Steve Gibson Championship...

It's getting like the little Britain Dennis Waterman sketch ....I star in the programme, write the theme tune, sing the theme tune........

Why is he so bl@@dy righteous and correct about everything??

The whole Steve Gibson thing is like religion

People born in America are more likely to be Christian and believing in their god

People born in India for example are more likely to believe in a different god

Simply because of where they were born

If you were a Middlesboro fan right now you'd be 100% behind your chairman

Wednesday fans views differ because they support Sheffield Wednesday

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, FroggattOwls said:

How many clubs that went into administration went out of existence and weren’t just bought by a new owner ? 

Wigan, Pompey and many others should have gone into admin. 

FFP has done nothing about poor ownership.

We as a club will be punished for the action of a man who by his own admission hasn't got a clue what he is doing.

• Haha 2

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Poor ownership leading to administration you mean?

I'd argue it HAS 

You keep throwing forward this idea that without FFP and with unregulated spending things would be better, yet can't provide any evidence whatsoever for that, and yet you're drowning in facts and examples being put forward to you.

Because it’s a view point, the utter shambles from Birmingham, Derby, Us, Middlesbrough now having court cases galore, is insane. 

Random points deductions. 

Its poo now with FFP in my opinion, you might as well just scrap it. Save thousands on legal fees

Thats fine people can think FFP is fantastic and it’s an unbridled success if they want. That seems to be the argument. With all the court cases EFL hearing over the last few years. I struggle to see how TBH. But each to their own.