Hillsborough Fight Club

Bit of a timelord is old Carlton, seems to bob into one year grab a player and then take him off and put him in another squad. 

I like when he says Batty was the best trainer at Leeds.

Forgetting the fact that he'd gone there to replace the ball winning midfielder who'd gone to Blackburn the previous summer.

Or Giggs and Cantona playing in the Cup final. When one was in the Man Utd youth team and the other was at Nimes. 

Still,  an excellent player for us. Genuinly one of the best. 

In fact. .some 20 odd years later we still never quite replaced him with anyone capable of doing anywhere near as good a job.

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

In fact. .some 20 odd years later we still never quite replaced him with anyone capable of doing anywhere near as good a job.

I remain fascinated by the disparity of how he is viewed by Wednesday fans as opposed to just about everyone else. I'm in full agreement with you; he was an absolutely vital part of the team and we've had no one like him since. Arguably, Kieran Lee comes closest. Every single game he must have covered the most ground and despite his ungainly appearance he was much more talented than the simple-minded gave him credit for. 

Always thought his best position was centre half but he was too important to us in midfield to use him there other than in emergencies. Didn't look as ungainly there either and made it look easy. 

3 minutes ago, trev said:

Who would win out of the current squad?

I reckon Bannan. He seems feisty.

Reach to defo go out in the first round.

Doubt you'd even get Reach in the room. 

• Haha 1

These days....

Nando streetfighter, he’d chew your ankles

Atdhe could just stand on a few people

Cruz looks like he might carry a few scarface type machine guns around

other than that...

3 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Bit of a timelord is old Carlton, seems to bob into one year grab a player and then take him off and put him in another squad. 

I like when he says Batty was the best trainer at Leeds.

Forgetting the fact that he'd gone there to replace the ball winning midfielder who'd gone to Blackburn the previous summer.

Or Giggs and Cantona playing in the Cup final. When one was in the Man Utd youth team and the other was at Nimes. 

Top Funny Cannabis Memes - ISMOKE

• Haha 1

Guest ka58
16 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere, so here's an interesting short video about circa 1990 Wednesday players beating the cr@p out of each other.

I don’t believe he’s necessarily lying - but his stories are so off the mark all the time I rarely believe any of them.

3 hours ago, trev said:

Who would win out of the current squad?

I reckon Bannan. He seems feisty.

Reach to defo go out in the first round.

Fletcher without a doubt, not afraid to get hurt and can dish it out too.

Plenty of them can't put a tackle in on the opposition so can't imagine them throwing too many punches in anger.

I remember him giving a speech at a friends 50th a few years ago and thinking what a t*ssrr. He’d had too much pop and every other word was the F word and he just loved himself throughout. No denying he was a great player for us though.